Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stealth electric 4x4

moosehunter

PMA Member
Did anyone look at the Stealth electric side by side at the classic? Same dealer as the Bad Boy. When I was serious about a BBB dealership I thought electric was the way to go, at least for a hunting buggie in the midwest. The Stealth improved on what the BBB lacked and added a few nice features. I thought it was a pretty nice rig. Although the side by sides are sure gettin spendy.

Did anyone look at the Stealth electric side by side at the classic? Same dealer as the Bad Boy. When I was serious about a BBB dealership I thought electric was the way to go, at least for a hunting buggie in the midwest. The Stealth improved on what the BBB lacked and added a few nice features. I thought it was a pretty nice rig. Although the side by sides are sure gettin spendy.

Such as???

I sell John Deere Gators for a dealership in Waterloo if anyone is curious about the new 825I.........They don't need an extension cord!

My dad has been looking at them hard and when we looked at them at the classic, I would say the Stealth won hands down. The only thing I like better about the BBB is the front and roof rack but I did not like the rear end of it. The guy that was sellling them would outright tell you the Stealth was the better of the two.

It would be nice to test one out before you bought though and put one through the ringer as far as climbing hills, mud etc.

An guy I know talked to a dealer and was told that it may be possible to get some form of tax credit for these electric units under some "alternative fuel vehicle" program. Anybody else heard that story line?? The dollars of tax credit I was hearing would reimburse a significant portion of the costs ??? Sounded too good to be true.

Can anybody put BALL-PARK prices for all these units- BBB, Gator, Stealth, etc.?

Yeah they were around 13K. From what I have seen they can go towards a tax credit if you have them street legal. I think you have to have turn signals etc on them. I wanna say it would cover more than half of the cost.

Yeah they were around 13K. From what I have seen they can go towards a tax credit if you have them street legal. I think you have to have turn signals etc on them. I wanna say it would cover more than half of the cost.

OK- dead serious here, I want more info. If I can get one and have tax credits cover close to 1/2 of costs- I'M IN!!! I will get one, no question. Can you tell me more about this OR where do I get more info on this tax credit? Want me PM you? I'll absolutely buy one if I can get this done with that tax credit.

The tax credit for the electric vehicles has been getting smaller the last couple of years. I think it was originally $7500 but is now maybe around $2000. I will try to find the regs on what is needed to qualify as in street legal and I think some sort of weight requirement. It was originally created to stimulate electric car purchases but the electric side by sides qualified also.
Sorry for the lack of hard facts but I am working off of memory.

Bulldogger is correct. The last time I looked into it which was a couple years it was around $7500 which would be over half of the machine. That is when I thought it would be crazy for my ole man not to buy one. I just looked it up and in 2010 the tax credit was only 10% off the vehicle price. I am not sure what 2011 is.

Here is the link.

http://www.badboybuggies.com/lsv-2010.php

OK, here are some things to think about.

If you are just going to use the Buggy for hunting purposes than great. Do not expect to use it for any sort of work, hauling, food plots, etc. Also they die very quickly when it is cold out.

2 years ago elk hunting out west a couple of guys brought their Bad Boys and a couple guys brought their Rangers. Every night was spent running the generators to charge the EV's, and they just can't keep up. IMO they serve one purpose which is getting to your stand or in the field quietly. Also my buddy has the new Dream season edition Hunt V, and it has the same problems as the rest of them. I guess I'm just not big into having to plug them in after every use and not having the power when I need it. I will stick with my RZR.

One more thing for you guys that are considering an EV, Polaris is making a Ranger EV this year that may be worth looking into. Supposedly more power and a greater range. I haven't personally tried one, but would definately consider one if I was going to purchase an EV.

One more thing for you guys that are considering an EV, Polaris is making a Ranger EV this year that may be worth looking into. Supposedly more power and a greater range. I haven't personally tried one, but would definately consider one if I was going to purchase an EV.

The Ranger EV uses AC motors verses DC the others use. Typically DC motors will have 100% full torque when they rotate at any speed. AC motors have to generate some speed before full torque is reached. Maybe Polaris overcomes this issue some other way.

I'd say an elk hunt in the Rockies is not a great place for electric buggies. The midwest and Southern states deer and turkey hunting are the best places. They definetly have thier limits. You have to decide how you use them I guess.

electric vehicle

It may or may not help that much, but the electric vehicles have a solar top option that will charge the battery if left in the sun. Just an option.

The guys that have golf carts seem to like that option, but again, that is in the summer and on a golf course (more open).

Seems hard to believe that we can put a man on the moon, call anywhere in the world and talk with someone on a cell phone, but we cannot build a more advanced battery??

OK, here are some things to think about.

If you are just going to use the Buggy for hunting purposes than great. Do not expect to use it for any sort of work, hauling, food plots, etc. Also they die very quickly when it is cold out.

2 years ago elk hunting out west a couple of guys brought their Bad Boys and a couple guys brought their Rangers. Every night was spent running the generators to charge the EV's, and they just can't keep up. IMO they serve one purpose which is getting to your stand or in the field quietly. Also my buddy has the new Dream season edition Hunt V, and it has the same problems as the rest of them. I guess I'm just not big into having to plug them in after every use and not having the power when I need it. I will stick with my RZR.

I have a John Deere Gator 850D (diesel) for work and tearing it up- it's a work horse and I love it!!!!
Now, I did want the stealth option, I thought of electric for getting somewhat close to stands (I still stay WAY far away) & for looking at bucks in summer, etc. BUT, yes, Gator will be the work vehicle. Should I just save some money and buy an electric golf cart for my stealth stuff????

Top Bottom