Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stealthcams

Shoot2Kill

Hello all...a guy at work here just bought 3 of these Stealthcams off Ebay for $50 each including shipping.

http://www.stealthcam.net/35mm_prods.html - the MC2-GV, the plain jane green model.

I want to get into the trail cam craze, but at the time, can't swing the digitals. I know you have film costs, developing costs, etc with the 35mm, but for 50 bucks brand new how can you go wrong? What do you guys think? I don't care about quality of pics, all I want to do is see the racks walking abound the area I'm hunting, but don't want a cam that's going to fail either. Opinions? Thanks.

I've got 2 of them in the field right now. They seem to work alright, I have gotten lots of pictures from them but they also leave me wondering what they have missed as well...their trigger speed is pretty slow, and their range is a little bit to be desired. But I am like you for 50 bucks it's hard to go wrong.

My father in-law has a stealthcam, and the pictures are just fine with it. BassPro has that model for $35, then a $10 mail in rebate. I think it's different from the one you're looking at, but his pics have been clear. He has this one here:

StealthCam Camera

Shon

I recently bought a Moultrie Digital for $69 at a Bass Pro sale in St. Louis. Needless to say I sold my Cuddeback Non Typical 35mm film camera. The digital has a slower trigger speed but I'm setting it over mineral and apples to get some good shots. I will never go back to film, I don't have the patience, and the one hour photo was killing me!
grin.gif

I have both kinds of stealthcams that are pictured here on this thread, they are sitting in a bottom drawer somewhere because I switched to all digital.

I believe you will be happy with them if you use them right, but you will eventually want to switch to digital too. Here are some words of advice:

Use Kodak film. Fuji Film will not work in them.

Use them in areas where the deer are spending time, such as a scrape, mineral lick, etc. If using them on a trail, point them down the trail because the trigger speed is slow and you will get pics of nothing but the trail.

Try to have the camera within 15 feet (10 is better) of where you are expecting the deer to move.

Good luck, it is fun, and you will be spending a lot of time at the Wal-Mart 1-hour photo center!

Save the fifty buck plus shipping and put it toward a digital. I to started with an old 35mm after people told me to go straight to digital, man I wish I would have listened. It's addicting once you start and it doesn't take long to payback the added cost of the digital for all the one hour film developing you will be doing. Just my 2 cents worth!
smirk.gif

I was the same as you when I first started. I bought two 35mm because I didn't want to pay the extra money for a digital. Believe me, after you start getting pics you will be addicted and will easily spend that remaining $50 on film in probably a month. Buy a cheap digital. I got great pics with my 35mm after one year, but the next they were worthless.

I think I would of spent the 150 bucks and bought one descent digital compared to 3 35mm films. Just think in one week you will probably check your camera and need to get filmed developed, that is most likely a minimum of 13 bucks if you got them all put on a Cd, so 13 bucks a week times the seven months that cameras are normally out adds up to a tad bit over 350 bucks. Those things are battery eaters so it is probably going to be in excess of 500 bucks.
blush.gif
blush.gif
I know when i first started with film cameras it got to be too expensive for me. But I see your point though, 3 could possibly be better than one to spread out your cams, and they are cheap, so goodluck with them. You will get some good photos, but it seems even while running digitals for every 50 pictures I get, I might get one descent buck and it seemed like on film cameras every 2-3 rolls I would get something descent. Keep us posted!!!!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think I would of spent the 150 bucks and bought one descent digital compared to 3 35mm films. Just think in one week you will probably check your camera and need to get filmed developed, that is most likely a minimum of 13 bucks if you got them all put on a Cd, so 13 bucks a week times the seven months that cameras are normally out adds up to a tad bit over 350 bucks. Those things are battery eaters so it is probably going to be in excess of 500 bucks.
blush.gif
blush.gif
I know when i first started with film cameras it got to be too expensive for me. But I see your point though, 3 could possibly be better than one to spread out your cams, and they are cheap, so goodluck with them. You will get some good photos, but it seems even while running digitals for every 50 pictures I get, I might get one descent buck and it seemed like on film cameras every 2-3 rolls I would get something descent. Keep us posted!!!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Liv - I haven't bought them. A guy at work did. I hear every word you guys are saying. I live 8 miles out in the country, just the time spent going in to develop film, the gas $, the battery $, the 1 hour film $, will pay for a digital in no time.

I'm not going to do it. I'll start out with a cheaper digital. The guy from work is going on vacation for 2 weeks and is letting me borrow one. I'll know what a pain they are by the time he gets back and will go buy a digital.

What's a Vman cam going for now days?

OOPS didn't read the whole post as usual, sorry about that. I would definitely invest in a digital camera.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Moultrie Digital for $69

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the Moultrie 200s but the 100s are better if you don't care about quality and want an inexpensive camera. Moultrie has done good for us and with 2 batteries and 2 memory cards (to switch them out and still have the camera running at all times) it is not too expensive and then you can load the pictues on the web easier for us to look at and admire
grin.gif

HunterMan
157RAtinybuck-thumb[1].gif

My friend has 3 stealth cams with film, he has had NO breakdowns!! He has a cuddy digital that also has no breakdowns!! But i have had 4 CUDDY breakdowns!!

Top Bottom