Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stick tights and sitka gear

rc10pt

Bad combo. Spent a good couple hrs tonight picking stick tights out of my fanatic gear.....my god thought they were bad with my old gear they embed deep into the Sitka gear.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I just bought Cabelas Berber fleece pants and wooltimate top this year. Stick tights are no good for those material. Will need to be extra careful about where I go when wearing those items.

Did you walk to stand in the fanatic jacket? They are definitely bad for burrs and stick tights. I can't imagine doing any moving in the fanatic gear however. I wore a T-Shirt to the stand tonight and was way to warm to put fanatic jacket on.

Been happy with the BurrPaw see Amazon has them as well. http://burrpaw.com
Burzoff stone takes them right off.
I also have the stone and it works well too but sometimes its to aggressive for certain fabrics.

I keep both in the truck and they get used often. the BurrPaw maybe a little more because it's gentler on the fabrics. They both have a place though.

Last edited:
Did you walk to stand in the fanatic jacket? They are definitely bad for burrs and stick tights. I can't imagine doing any moving in the fanatic gear however. I wore a T-Shirt to the stand tonight and was way to warm to put fanatic jacket on.

No.....I walked out with it on tho.

Been happy with the BurrPaw see Amazon has them as well. http://burrpaw.com I also have the stone and it works well too but sometimes its to aggressive for certain fabrics. I keep both in the truck and they get used often. the BurrPaw maybe a little more because it's gentler on the fabrics. They both have a place though.

How long does the burr-paw last? Once it attracts all the stick-tights won't you just have to throw it away? Just curious, I ordered both.

How long does the burr-paw last? Once it attracts all the stick-tights won't you just have to throw it away? Just curious, I ordered both.

I also have the burrpaw. Its reusable, once it gets full there is a "credit card" that it comes with it that you can use to get them out. I just use a knife personally. I think it works really well. I have UA stuff and it takes no time to get them out. This year has been terrible for them.

Get rid of your sitka, best solution. Stuff is junk, I am incredibly disappointed in it.

I disagree. At least for me owning scent blocker, cabelas, UA stuff and others in the past the Sitka gear has been far superior at least for dexterity and warmth. I finally feel as though I've found my go to camo for far into the future. As far as the fabric goes it is attractive to burrs/stick tights etc but what isn't except denim or rain type gear? Could it be better? Absolutely. But I haven't found a set as good yet.

I disagree. At least for me owning scent blocker, cabelas, UA stuff and others in the past the Sitka gear has been far superior at least for dexterity and warmth. I finally feel as though I've found my go to camo for far into the future. As far as the fabric goes it is attractive to burrs/stick tights etc but what isn't except denim or rain type gear? Could it be better? Absolutely. But I haven't found a set as good yet.

If you want to walk thru woods, junk. For what it costs I expect better. I have a couple kuiu items and so far I like them, will prolly order some of their pants next year. Same guy came up with both companies, not sure why but that sitka fabric is the most adhesive stuff i have ever seen for burrs. For now still wearing same Grey Wolf for past 10 years and still light years ahead of sitka for not being able to pick up every Burr in the woods.

Last edited:
Sitka hand down best I have ever used, I do back pack my stuff to the stand to hot to walk in , since using for 3 years never had that feeling that I want to get down to cold.. Best IMO. If I walk in it it's to hot..

For now still wearing same Grey Wolf for past 10 years and still light years ahead of sitka for not being able to pick up every Burr in the woods.

The beggars lice wipes right off of the wolf skin material. I have some sitka gear but will not wear it anywhere I run into burrs. I would rather give my money to Jeff anyway. Great guy and custom to your measurements.

My two cents worth. Sitka is by far great stuff. But everyone is right. Stick tights really stick to the clothing. I have almost ruined my Fanatic series set. I have called my contact at the company and they are aware, but I think it would behoove us as customers to drive the point home and perhaps they will come out with a better material in the future.

The marketing of the new elevated ll was to great so I sold the Optifade series and purchase the new. I asked the Sitka rep at the deer classic about the fleece and burrs and I can't remember his quote. I'm disappointed in it but I will continue to use it as its the best stuff that I have tried. Sitkas web site has a place where you you can rate the different garments so when time allows I will rate the different garments that I have and I encourage others to do the same.

This year burrs had a good crop as they are everywhere. The deer coming in are also loaded with them:mad:

I pack them in on my LW and still pick up a few no matter how careful I am. The only advice I can give is don't walk in them but carry them in like the Sitka rep said. You will only get to hot walking in them and can puncture the wind stopper lining

The marketing of the new elevated ll was to great so I sold the Optifade series and purchase the new. I asked the Sitka rep at the deer classic about the fleece and burrs and I can't remember his quote. I'm disappointed in it but I will continue to use it as its the best stuff that I have tried. Sitkas web site has a place where you you can rate the different garments so when time allows I will rate the different garments that I have and I encourage others to do the same. This year burrs had a good crop as they are everywhere. The deer coming in are also loaded with them:mad: I pack them in on my LW and still pick up a few no matter how careful I am. The only advice I can give is don't walk in them but carry them in like the Sitka rep said. You will only get to hot walking in them and can puncture the wind stopper lining

Exactly! If your wear an outer fleece garnet what do you expect to happen. Anyone buying the fanatic gear knows it's fleece so acting surprised or disappointed that buts stuck to it is being a little naïve!

Top Bottom