Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stickers on your clothing

iowabucks

What the heck are those little 2 pronged dark brown looking sticker things called anyway?

I just spent 3 hours picking thousands of them off all of my clothing from just yesterday. I put a stand up in some public ground close to here (Cedar River Bottom). Last years flood must have made them things really grow this year. It's a real good location with some really big deer. Just a long walk back. I don't want to give up this spot just because of these things.

Any ideas on how to get them off? If i have to do it again i'll probably throw them away and buy new ones. :rolleyes:

Go to just about any farm store and get a curry comb it looks like 10 or so small band saw blades made into a comb its designed to take junk out of the wool and hair on show sheep and horses its worked for me every time and it doesnt take long to get the job done

Sounds like what I've always known to be called bootjacks. I've also heard them called goat heads. They have two prongs like you describe.
I have a stone type thing that you can get at about any outdoors store. It's sold as a burr and sticker remover. It works decent.

You came in contact with a biden sounds like to me...an excellent deer browse and quail food!! It will look like this in the summer.

Biden.jpg

Last edited:
I know exactly what you're talking about. They're a pain in the butt. I've used a curry comb as well, but be careful, as it will wear down your camo real fast. Best advice, stay the heck away from it!

Beggars lice for the little round ones and bootjacks for the ones with the prongs.

They dont' stick to my Gray Wolf Woolens! :D

:drink2: Burzoff +1

I just recieved 1 of these today and it worked great

had that stuff all over my camo, and in a couple of minutes I had it off

I got it from -- jjohnson -- on here contact him for it

I always call them sticktites and cockleburrs. Cockleburrs are easy to get off with a little time. The camo I have doesn't attach to sticktites either - which is a good thing for me!!

Top Bottom