Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still Holding

pete

He hasn't shed as of the 12th.
12DSC01588-med.JPG

This was taken on the 18th....still seeing plenty of deer, even mature bucks still holding on tight.
933bach_group-med.jpg

At least 95% of the bucks are still holding in front of my cameras. I'll bet things change fast in the next couple of weeks.

I checked 4 of my digitals and had over 1200 photos this weekend. I would say that at least 95% or more still had head gear. Im staying out of the timber's until they are all dropped...

wow woody, thats going to be a nice deer. looks real young and has some good genetics. I hope 95% around me are still holding. Im at 35 i should be able to hit my goal of 50 then. Good Luck to all

wow, I am headed out this weekend and figured more than that would have dropped, oh well this is the only time we have to hit up this particular piece of land, saving the hot spots for mid March!!!!

I'm getting a big kick out of this thread...it's an annual event. When late seasons are about to open, it's "the sky is falling" because we're shooting so many shed bucks. Recall this thread ??
http://www.iowawhitetail.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=UBB1&Number=122763&Forum=,,,,,,,,,,,,,All_Forums,,,,,,,,,,,,,&Words=Late%20Antlerless%20Season&Searchpage=13&Limit=25&Main=122578&Search=true&where=sub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post122763
Then...come the middle of February, 95% of them are still packing
grin.gif

Sometimes the timeline of our posts lack a little common sense

Photoperiod is the ultimate factor in shedding every year.

I will be the first one to pull the alarm when I smell smoke, and the last one out of the building!
crazy.gif

This guy was still holding as of saturday.Went to check my camera monday and found his left side in the corn pile.
3340170_10.jpg
His left side scores 77 5/8 inches.

Top Bottom