Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still holding...

Lucky13

I still have yet to get any pics of a shed buck and pretty sure that sheds are mythological creatures anyway...but I did get this guy! I believe him to be a young deer? 2.5? Now will this guy always have this same frame? always be a 7 pt?

Just curious what area of Iowa are you in? Because most are still holding in my area and I'd like to know if its regional of just me!

And to answer your question I don't think he will necessarily always have a 7 point frame. He does look young, as they age they pick up more mass, length, and typically more points as well.

south central IA....multiple cams on different farms and only a spike has shed one side....i even went for a walk yesterday and found nothing...like i said mythological creatures!!!

I picked one up before X-mas but have also been seeing quite a few bucks holding both sides (young and older). Haven't found squat since the first one either.

I had three matched sets by this time last winter.

I'm also in south central. Based off of my cameras, and from the 40 to 50 bucks I saw driving around this weekend, I'm going to be waiting a couple weeks yet for sure. A lot of bigger deer still holding as well.

Glad I am not the only one then! I am in SW Iowa and have only found one freshie, way behind my normal numbers. Many still holding, we have had a really mild winter aside from cold and I think that is going to keep the antlers on their heads longer.

Drove around last night and out of 200+ deer we only saw one buck holding

I didn't see that many last night but I suppose it was 100 or so and the same thing for me...1 buck. But I have a good friend no more than an hour away and majority are still holding there

I put a drop box on my properties I shed hunt and am pretty sure the deer know too just leave them there when ready- I haven't checked any of the yet but I clearly labeled them "Shed drop box" so I have high hopes

I put a drop box on my properties I shed hunt and am pretty sure the deer know too just leave them there when ready- I haven't checked any of the yet but I clearly labeled them "Shed drop box" so I have high hopes

Nice! Did you also put up the Deer Crossing signs so they know where to cross the roads/fences?

I'm in Polk co. and 90% in my area have shed. I'm almost positive there are squirrel rangers who are stock piling them in a hollowed out tree- I've just gotta catch them in the act!

Top Bottom