Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stoeger Model 2000???

My Dad has one. For the price you can't hardly go wrong! They kick a little because they are so light. They are basically a Bennelli knock off.

Pupster

what i've heard is they are a browning gold clone. same as benelli. parts even interchange according to a local dealer. i know i've shot one before and i liked it enough that i will buy one when the time comes....

there was an article on them in north american hunter. they are a clone of a benelli M1 reciever. stoger (owned by beretta, as is benelli) is the only company allowed to copy the M1 action. i have started looking into getting one of these as well. same as a benelli, and half the price....how could you go wrong?

It is a Benelli clone not a Browning clone. The Stogger/Bennelli is a recoil operated system whereas the Browning is a gas system.

It is very similar in action and feel to the benelli. You can buy a combo with a bird barrell and a smoothbore with rifle sights. Contrary to many rumors, the parts are not interchangeable with the benelli or the beretta.

The Stoeger Model 2000 is the only shotgun licensed to use Benelli's inertia-recoil operating system - the heart of the world's most prestigious and expensive autoloaders. Unlike common gas-operated guns whose fore-ends conceal operating rods, pistons, O-rings, valves and other moving parts, the inertia system is entirely contained inside the receiver. The results? A trimmer fore-end, better balance, more reliable operation and the ability to fire everything from light target ammunition to the heaviest waterfowl loads without adjustments. And because propellant gas isn't used to cycle the action, inertia guns like the Model 2000 stay cleaner, even after hundreds of shots. Even in the toughest conditions, your new Model 2000 will keep on firing!

http://www.stoegerindustries.com/firearms/index.tpl

[ QUOTE ]
what i've heard is they are a browning gold clone. same as benelli. parts even interchange according to a local dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

brick[1].gif
frown.gif
crazy.gif
confused.gif
doah.gif
DON'T TRUST THAT DEALER!!! <font color="red"> DON'T TRUST THAT DEALER!!! </font> Question everything you hear from him from here on. The Stoeger is good, but his product knowledge is suspect enough that I would run screaming from the store cursing his name...ok, that may be a little harsh.

Browning and Winchester are related/similar (atleast a better comparison).

Top Bottom