Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen Camera....Just my luck!

iowabruce

2 weeks ago I purchased a Wildlife Eye from Cabelas, put my good old Sony digital camera inside, and "was" having a great time with it....You guessed it, when my wife and I went to check out the photo's of only my second session...it was gone %$^##@$$!!!!!
To top it off they drove right thru my food plot leaving tracks around the whole plot of just coming up Bio-logic Maximum. It was great fun waiting for the county sheriff to arrive. At least he was a hunter himself and knew what it was they stole.
So if you have anyone from Delaware county try and sell you a Wildlife Eye with a Sony Camera....give me a call. I'd like to have a chat with that person.
cussing.gif

Bruce

that sucks!

I hope you find them!

For that reason, ive been looking and thinking about adding GPS tracking(like the ones they use in higher quality hunting dogs) to the higher end units I build. Specifically the video units.

How fun would that be to go and find your lost unit!
grin.gif

The only footage I got seemed to be pretty fussy, but the deer were a little far away and I thought it was just me not focusing the camera in nightshot right. I guess I'll never know on that one. By the way...I was using my own Sony (TRV340)not a new camera, but in good working order.

I'm not as mad about losing the camera as I am the footage that might have been on it.

Bruce

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not as mad about losing the camera as I am the footage that might have been on it.

Bruce

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly!

I hhave 5 cameras out and the other day my wife and I were checking them and I went to this one and it was not there and my heart started to pound and I was getting instantly MAD, We were talking who in the hell would be in here to steal it. Then the light buld went off...... I remembered that I had moved it to another trail about 30 yards away. So I kinda know how if feels for a short time anyway.. IT SUCKS !!!!!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif

I just got off the phone with my insurance agent.....forgot I had a $1000 deductable on this kind of stuff for the house.....I guess this is just going to be one of those lessons learned.......DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!!

the really scary part is many people who know guys who would do something like that, think of them when they think of hunters. I say, hang em high.

I wonder how many of the idiots who are to lazy to work a decent job and have to steal cameras, ever have the gumption to put one out and maintain it. Probably none. Thieves=worthless. Just my two cents. Sorry to hear about it Bruce. I know what it's like and it sucks. Hope you catch them.

Man, that is a bummer! There are way too many of these oxegen thieves in the world if you ask me. Did you have the cam secured with anything? I use a Masterlock Python which seems pretty secure, regular padlocks are easy to cut. The other day I was trying to cut some 3/16" (I think) cable with bolt cutters and they wouldnt even touch it, just mashed the cable a little. Its the locks on most that are the weak point. On my leaf river cam I secure the cam and leave the housing unlocked, hoping anyone worried about their photo on there might just grab the card and leave the unit.

Vman, ever thought of building a dummy cam with the GPS, just for loaning out to victims like Bruce? Seems like if somebody scored once they might come back looking for more. Doubt that was the first time they had trespassed there. It would be awful sweet to catch those bottom feeders.

Top Bottom