Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen Mount

Score Guy

Anyone see on KWWL tonight that another mount was stolen from some business in Waterloo? I didn't catch all the details but the pic they showed was a hog of NT. Feel bad for the guy. They said it was the only thing taken??? I hope this doesn't start happening again all over!

I saw the news story. They reported it as a 16 point buck worth $10,000.00 stolen from a business (for some reason I'm thinking it was auto repair or car dealer).

Don't know by what authority they put that kind of value on it but I'm sure it was priceless to the guy who it belonged to.

At the Eastern Iowa Sports Show yesterday someone that stoped at the TIP booth mentioned that a person was arrested w/ 30 stolen mounts. I asked if one was the Independence buck and he said he thought it was.

Has anyone else heard anything of this or is it just a rumor?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rut-Nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At the Eastern Iowa Sports Show yesterday someone that stoped at the TIP booth mentioned that a person was arrested w/ 30 stolen mounts. I asked if one was the Independence buck and he said he thought it was.

Has anyone else heard anything of this or is it just a rumor?
</div></div>

Man that would be awesome if it was true.

Ican not stand one one who takes what belongs to some one else, How could you look at that buck and know you had stolen it from someone!!!

Why do these people steal other peoples deer?

For the money of course!!

Who decides these mounts are worth so much?

Just makes the average guy not want to tell anyone that he shot a big one so it doesn't get stolen.

Pretty soon Master is going to come out with a shoulder mount lock. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Looking at the picture, even though it's not the best, I just can't see that thing being worth that kind of money. I wish the newspapers wouldn't print those inflated values. All we need is some dumbass thinking every big deer is worth that kind of money and alot more will be getting stolen.

Timekiller, I agree with you 100%. Irregardless of where the reporter got the $ figure stated, I'm not sure it was necessary to identify it. I'm willing to bet if the owner had said it was only worth a couple hundred bucks the story wouldn't have even been aired. I noticed in Muddy's link they didn't even bother to mention a score, probably because the reporter had no idea what that meant.

Does anyone know anymore about what RutNut was saying?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sucks!! </div></div>

Top Bottom