Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stolen

Wags

Well I had 3 of my bow hunting API stands and tree sticks stolen during the shot gun seasons. They were all locked up, plus cable locked. Private property,I'm the only one bow hunting it, and the owners son shot gun hunts it second season thats it. 15 years there first time I have ever had a problem. Out of the 15 years I have only ran into 4 people that should not have been on the land "not bad in 15 years I believe". I was on vacation from Oct 29 to Dec 9 bow hunting, was one of my best seasons ever, did not shoot a what I call a shooter in my eyes but just enjoyed the season to no end. To bad it ended like this. Just venting, Thanks.

That sucks...been there done that.

If it's any consolation, my homeowner's insurance (minus a deductible) covered the replacement costs. Good luck.

NWBuck

Sounds like someone went to alot of work to piss you off, I wouldn't rule out someone that knows you and your habits. It really sucks to have to deal with theives when your trying to enjoy yourself.
crazy.gif

Been there. Same situation, left up over shotgun. I yank mine before shotgun ever since that.

It is a fantasy of mine to find someone up one of my trees just cutting the lock!

A number of years back a good friend of mine had a stand stolen. He didn't have any steps in the tree, so they had to work for it. He just happened to find it while scouting a week or so later. It was about 300 yards away in a tree and had a bunch of screw in steps leading up to it. The stand was built by us, so there were absolutely no questions there.

I've always wondered if the guy felt violated because his steps were gone.
grin.gif

Sorry to hear that man. I had one of mine taken a couple of years ago. Luckily for me it was a misunderstanding with the group that shotgun hunts the farm where I bowhunt. I got the stand back. Mine are still out right now though so you're making me wonder if they are still there.

I'm just curious, did they cut the locks or the cable, or do you know? What do you mean they were locked up plus cable locked?

I would think the lock would usually be the weak link as they are fairly easy to cut with bolt cutters. Would the MasterLock Python or Kryptonite type with integrated locks be more secure?

A bunch of yahoos (about 20) tresspassed through the timber I hunt during shotgun. Not only did that piss me off to no end, but I cant help but wonder about all the strangers that were eyeing my money hanging from the trees.

Thieves suck.

Well everything was gone so they cut the locks and the cables. I welded eyes on the tree stick so I could run a cable through all 4 foot lenghts of the 20 foot sticks and locked them to the trees, plus a added cable and lock to the tree stand to the tree, that already had a lock on it. Still did not help. I guess when they want it they want it.

Nothing worse than a thief....except for a thief stealing hunting stuff.

Ain't that right River Bottom Boy?

Anyone pleading quilty to stealing hunting stuff should be banned from hunting for life!

I know how you feel....I'm still mad about my camera being stolen in the early summer. I'd give a month's pay to catch them in the act. Do check your homeowner's insurance though....might help a little.
Bruce

Wags, just remember people like those who stole your stands will be going straight to HELL. Steal someone elses property and you are boarding the HELL EXPRESS!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone pleading quilty to stealing hunting stuff should be banned from hunting for life!

[/ QUOTE ]

Works for me!

I have actually had the tree my stand was in cut down and the stand stolen that way. And this was for a 65$ junker stand. For the time it took to actually cut the tree down and steal my stand, he could have got a job and bought 3
grin.gif

I hate thieves. My list includes a Savage .243, API lock-on, BIG BEN fixed stand, and a Non-Typical 35mm.
For more entertaining thieve action check out what happned to me the other nite at a bar.

Around 1 am I walked into a bar and set my coat on the bar chair. I got a drink and went to the barthroom. When i came back my coat was gone. Me and my friends searched for the jacket. I then realized my truck keys were in my jacket. I thoguht ide better go outside and check on my truck. Guess who was sitting in my truck when i went outside? This dirty scab drug dealin mother was ravaging threw my truck with so much intrest he didnt even notice me and my friend as we tapped on the truck window and yelled some obsinities at him. Im not much of a football player and he then managed to run back into the bar, where I had him arrested by Lancaster PD.
grin.gif
I hate thieves.

For the time it took to actually cut the tree down and steal my stand, he could have got a job and bought 3
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I got a good laugh out of that one. Thanks for the support everyone, it is to bad people have to be like this.
Everyone have a great holiday, and also under my tree I see a large box that looks like a new deer stand, my wife and daughter are the best.
cool.gif

Yep, been a vistim of a thief also. 1997 2nd day of bow season, left my bow behind the seat of my truck so I wouldnt have to throw it in the next morning. Truck was parked next to the house, never locked, never had anything stolen before. The thief took my bow, arrows, ALL of my archery gear and game calls I left in a hunting backpack. He knew me, knew the stuff would be there, knew when Id be asleep and took advantage of it. If I knew him, still to this day, i would break both of his hands so he couldnt wipe his own A$$ for about 6 weeks. An eye for an eye, I HATE thieves.

On another note I left one of my ladder stands up over shotgun season, we there the other day to find fresh footprints to it in the snow that were not mine, time to hang a sign I think.

Top Bottom