Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Storing Clothes Questions

A few people are using cedar branches or leaves mixed in with your cloths. Is there a difference in using that vs using the fresh earth wafers. I can't believe no one has tried using the little ozonics deals that go in the totes. I thought those would be a little more popular.

Not sure if there is a difference, but I have access to all the cedar branches I care to cut for free. Got the idea on here, so thought I'd try it out. Not sure if it made a difference, but again, they were free so I tried it. I used the scent wafers awhile back, originally just for cover scent when out hunting, but then put one in with my clothes. I've also tried the dryer sheets in the bag. Definitely makes them smell in the bag, but can't remember if the smell sticks with them in the field very long. Can't remember if the smell of the cedar branches does either.

I've seen the ozonics things (or similar ozone producing machine to deodorize a tote, vehicle, etc) advertised, but didn't know if they would work, and not sure how much they were but that may have been a deterrent as well. One thing I'd like is to deodorize my truck after using it all year for regular life.

I haven't washed my storm kloth outer wear once since I bought it in 2011. Hang it in the closet in the basement when the seasons over and good to go come fall. I've tried being "scent free" in the past but it's a waste of money imo. In my experience the best results I've had is rubbing ever calm on the back side of the tree I'm sitting in. The last few years it has seemed to fool a few noses.

Most totes can be sent free after using a good eliminating spray and weather striping to seal the lid....

Wash clothes in dead down wind detergent, dry with dead down wind dryer sheets, place in tote, leave boots and geat outside on nice days as much as possible then in the garage inbetween, scent free shower and deodorant before each day's hunt, then put on clothes once out of the truck, spray down with scent killer and hang a natural wafer if my stand. I sit about 17 ft up and rarely get winded, if I do get winded they don't even show or make a noise so I can't verify they were even there. Typically see at least 15 deer a sit and don't ever know I'm there. It's hard to know what works but this method seems to get the job done fore me

15 deer a sit? Where are you hunting?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Top Bottom