Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stormy weather deer

D

deerman

Went out about 3:00 and had rain snow mix that turned all snow.I always like hunting in this stuff.Saw a 4 pt.,then a 6pt. early on.At about sunset a loan doe acting screwy.she came in running low to the ground as if she was stuck with a arrow,stopped at 15yrds.Of coarse I was looking behind her but nothing.Then she walks none schlant and then just takes off again tail down.After a few mins. the doe is coming back,licks the branch above a scrape thats about 45yrds. Hell,I thought maybe a buck so I grunt and she looks my way and then starts coming.Then I see that its probly the doe.I've seen the 1 other time.I was thinking that maybe she is playing with the bucks in the area.She came right under me and then just walks away stopping to eat once in a while.It was'nt long before it was time to leave.Its a half mile to to the field then another half mile to my truck.The timber had white spots in it that almost had a spotlite effect that was cool.When I got to the field I stopped and saw 2 more deer.The snow was pretty neat and I was glad I went hunting.

Top Bottom