Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String loop

Buckhunter

I'm really thinking about putting on a string loop but have had such good luck just shooting from the string that I'm a little bit leary.What do you guy's use?What are the gain's or lose's of changing over?

I put a loop on, but shortly removed it. I feel better with my anchor point shooting off the string.

Love the String loop, no added arrow pinch by attaching the release below. I think the arrow flight is better releasing from directly behind the arrow as well. Also helps aid in centering peep.

Buckhunter, it can kind of go either way... just depends upon the situation. Rudd, you made a good point about aligning the peep. Some think that a D-loop will help prevent damaging their string but it actually wears at about the same rate - its just that you dont notice it b/c of your center serving. You also should consider what it will do to your anchor point... I'm ot sure what your draw length is but if it happens to be on the short side, I would try and avoid using a D-Loop because you really want to maintain what draw length you can to help gain more speed... but putting all of that aside, if you believe its right for you, I think you'll like it... I know I do.

Buckhunter,

Also depends on the type of release you have. If, like me, your release is the kind that snaps shut with pressure (forget the name of this kind), then you'll want the oversized plastic D loop instead of the string loop. I love mine...it has definetely saved on string wear.

NWBuck

I believe it is a Fletcher release NWBuck. My brother uses that release and had to do the same thing you have to. My arrow flight is to sweet not to use a string loop.

Whenever I set up a bow that's the first thing that goes on. In my own opinion, I think that you get a lot more consistent shot time after time. I could not imagine shooting with out one. Not much for the big metal/plastic D-Loop thingies. Reccommend BCY loop material.

I first went without one and then tried one so now can't imagine not using one. With my release it stays right behind the arrow so that I like. The biggest gain I liked was that when I was moving around on stand with my release clipped on while ready for deer action, my release jaws would slide up or down on the string serving and make a noise. Thats not good in the woods. I also like it saving wear on my string as well as keeping my release positioned where it needs to be ready to draw. Some like the solid feel of being anchored to the main string but I love the string loop feeling and works great for me.

Top Bottom