Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String noise revisited

jharrell

I had something in my head to make for dampening my string then I get a Bass Pro catalog and in the archery section the Bear archery stuff all has about what I was thinking on the cable guard. After talking to Rack he said he remembered Saunders having something like that so I checked them out on the web and found a similar system for $26.95. I went ahead and ordered it and thought I would put the site here in case someone else was interested. When the page loads scroll down to the item called Buzz Off. If anybody knows about these things and they are junk let me know so I can cancel my order.

http://www.sausa.com/pp4.html

It looks similar to the Shock Stop cable glide on my Buckmaster G2SL. If it performs like mine, I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

Doc, the shock stop is what I saw in the catalog on the Bear, Golden Eagle, Buckmaster bows but I couldn't find it sold separately. The one on Saunders is a little more complicated but adjustable to any bow. I shoot a SQ2 and it is quiet but it has some string vibration at the end of the shot due to the jumbo peep I use. I like my set up and don't want to change it so I needed to suppress the vibration. I was going to mount a peace of aluminum to my cable guard so it would be in front of my string and put a limb saver on it. Same idea but the Shock Stop and Buzz Off are a nicer design.

Thanks for the input.

Purchased a Buckmaster G2XL this yr. In talking with the Pro's at Hunters Friend where I ordered the bow, they said they found the shock stop setup gave them slightly poorer arrow groupings. I took mine off. Buckmaster even furnishes a normal cable slide in the package for this purpose.

Top Bottom