Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String noise

jharrell

I shoot a SQ2 with a 28 1/2" draw at 67lbs. I have mini whiskers, eliminator button and a large peep on my string. I am getting quite a bit of string noise at the end of my shot. I think it is about a G note. Any ideas on how to get rid of the TWANG?!!!!!
wall.gif

Headgear,
I put the spiders on made by tru ball and have had good luck. I also use to have that big peep and switched and that made a difference. That was on my SQ2. I have gone a bit overboard on my Legacy and have leeches, spiders and a small peep and shoot off the string. Good Luck!

No loop. Shoot off the string. Have tried both kinds of loops and prefer metal over string. But, my preference is to shoot off the string.

if your peep is large....have you tried not using one and using a small kisser for an additional anchor? I have had problems with the metal loop. They come to far forward and SMACK my rest/riser. Here is a fairly new concept of a Knotless String Loop. Knotless

Sorry if that sounded like a sales pitch Limb. I was merely offering another solution to his string noise problem, this loop is not suppose to have the decrease in speed normally associated when adding more accessories to the string. I can operate a pair of scissors as well and can undercut Limb to $3.50

Boys, boys, boys. Don't make me have to separate you two!
evil.gif

I'm a shoot off the string guy myself. Tried the loop thing a couple of years ago and just didn't like it. There has been a lot of good happen for loops since then but I just didn't like the extra frustration at times trying to get hooked on with my release. I gave it up and went to eliminator buttons and never looked back.

I put limb savers on my MQ1 and was really impressed also had them on a hoyt. If you do not have them yet, they can help alot with noise and vibrations. I also shoot close to your draw at 28 in and about 65lb draw so you should see similar resluts. I shoot a beman ICS with 100 grain tip and I am getting about 240 FPS on the arrow, how fast is your bow?

I have an idea! Take two small pieces of foam, stick them in your ears and <font color="red">SHAZZAM </font> the twang is gone!
893smileystooges-thumb[1].gif
<font color="black"> </font>

Bowhunt, yeah I am a limb saver freak. The only thing I tried and didn't like of limb savers were the leaches. I have never cronoed my bow but I used a chart on Edersbow.com that says I am shooting in the upper 200's. The bow it self is quiet but the string at the end of the shot and a little after the shot is what makes all the noise. I think the jumbo peep is the main cause. Rack shoots the same peep though on his Feathermax and his string doesn't do it so I don't know what would cause it on my SQ2 except maybe my Scott Little Goose release. Maybe I should try my caliper release to see if that makes a difference.

Rack, Rack, Rack (big sigh).

I am shocked at how many of you like to shoot off the sting. My release eats my string so I went to a rope and really like it.

I shoot off the string only because I'm kinda fond of my teeth and like my nose on the front of my face instead of over by my right ear. Heard too many horror stories I guess.

This might be a little off topic but for those of you shooting off of your string. Wrap the area where your release clips onto your serving with dental floss. Heat it up and let the dental floss take the beating. It works great for me, I shoot a Roll-aide release.

I mentioned this one other time but thought I'd re-mention it. I was thrilled that I didn't have to replace my serving every 2 months and the floss lasts quite a while.

Pupster

The string may make the noise, but the bow it's self may allow it to. First of all, it may be the string. As they get older, they stretch(as you all know) as much as 1/2". This will change the tone the bow makes like a longer cable on a piano or harp will make a different noise than a shorter one.

The bow limbs may also be adding some vib. to the party. Try a new or larger set of limb savers. And even the limb bolt shock absorbers if the first don't help. Lastly, a new stablizer could help. Shock blocker makes a nice affodable dual purpose (vib/shot shock)stablizer for $35 or so.

Just for giggles, plink your string while it is at rest...is it the same tone? Maybe the bow at rest is acting different than in its shot.

Last thing, the bushings might be wearing out on the idler wheel and letting it vibe from side to side more than it did when it was brand new.

Lots of things to check, wish you luck.
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom