Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String twist?

Herkster

Hey everyone

I shoot a PSE Brute X and I've been running into a lot of string twist lately, or so it seems. This started early this year while I was shooting and I couldn't get it corrected. Had a mishap (dry fire) that cause the string to come off the top cam and the peep sight that Scheels put in wasn't "tied" in, so that came out as well.

I took it to a local bow repair shop who re-strung (same string) my bow, put a new peep site on, and lined everything back up. Over the next few days I put about 50-75 arrows through the bow, and the string twist showed back up. It does a pretty full 180 so my peep site is sitting backwards, essentially, leaving it useless when drawing and trying to look through it.

Since I'm new to this, it's only my 2nd year with the bow and the first year that I am going to hunt, I have no idea what my next course of action is. Any thoughts, input, opinions?

How many arrows have been shot with this string on? Usually when you have string twist your string is worn out/stretched or not a quality string. My recommendation would be to put a new string on it.

Call Vapor trail and get a new string. 10 shots and it will never move on you again. If it is a factory string on the PSE they are very prone to twist.

Call Vapor trail and get a new string. 10 shots and it will never move on you again. If it is a factory string on the PSE they are very prone to twist.

I've been reading that the PSE lines, that aren't the "pro" bows, have a cheap string. Might have to look at getting it re-strung.

Thanks for the input!

I bought a brute x last year and had a ton of issues with the string and cables. Sold it. Bought a revenge and couldnt be happier.

Top Bottom