Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stringleech

gundog870

Premium Platinum Member
Public, again!!

2007_011.jpg

2007_012.jpg

2007_009.jpg

Nice buck! But come on man, your harvest story leaves a little to be desired. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Fill us in!!!

thanks again gundog for posting this. and thanks for the replies guys. im so envious of you Iowa gusy i want to move.i actually got this buck yesterday morn at 1100, same time i got my Iowa buck. i had sat this same stand on the 12th with no sightings at all. this stand is my honey hole stand. ive gotten four racked bucks off it in 5 years. today i got into it at around 0930 am. i dont ever go into it early as it is on public land and i wait for all the other guys to leave. (which they were doing as i shot him) at around 1100 i saw him about 85 yards to the west of me. i took my priomos can ( i love will primos) and tipped it until i saw him look my way. than i lost sight of him but could hear him coming toward me through the tag alders. he came out about 45 yards from me and turned to go back to the north so i canned him again. he turned without even stopping and walked right toward my tree. i sit in a clump of maples and only am about 12 feet up and as he was coming i had to draw. i was afraid he would pick me off but he only looked up and didnt even stop walking. he stopped and tuned just a little to his left and i had to take him almost straight down..that is why the hit looks high. i think i could have jumped out of my tree onto him. but i put my pin right on the crease of his shoulder and at the shot he ran almost under me. i could see the blood coming out of the entrance and he only ran about 20 yards past my tree before he tipped over. it was awesome. i think he was dead in 15 seconds...and they say arrows arent lethal. yea right. i love the spitfre 100's also. well that is my story and again thanks alot to you Iowa guys who reply. i love your state and cant wait to go back. specially now that i know of this site..thanks again gunny

great buck....gosh gundog i wish i could hunt public ground, but all i have is my own private ground. dang it....heckuvva buck though, specially taking him on public that's gotta make it lots harder.

hoofline.gif

Nice deer 870, Congrats! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming a PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Top Bottom