Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strings Silencers

Fletch

I'm looking for some new string silencers for the Hoyt. Right now I'm using the rubber whiskers, but I figure there may be something better, and frankly I'm getting tired of the big globs on my string. Do the Sims Labs String Leaches work well, or do they shoot apart quickly. I've seen a number of silencers out there, but want to make sure they quiet the noise without slowing arrow speed. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Ive heard good things about the Leeches and they would probably be my first choice. If you dont already have the limbsavers i would suggest them instead. Anything you put on your bow string will slow your bow down, the limbsavers are really all ya need.

I use the leaches and feel they really add some benefit. They do come apart on my bow after about 200-500 shots but are easy to replace.

string leeches are better if you asked me. i think that cat whiskers make a little nose as they flap backand forth when you shoot. there is a lot of momentum when atht string goes forward and they snap around much like peep tubing. i have about 8 or so string leeches on my Hoyt, works great.

SVL came out with some new string leeches this past year. They are now made with Kevlar fibers to increase the lifetime of them. They do slow your bow down but not really enough to make a difference below 30-40 yards. (Unless you put 8 on there
grin.gif
grin.gif
). They really do help silence the bow down. Make sure everything is tight on your bow, limb savers on the limbs, a good shock absorbing stabilizer, some leeches, accessory limb savers for your sight and quiver, you should be good to go.
Good Luck

Top Bottom