Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Hardcorehunter

UL Shelter/Stove Geek
Guys are starting to get their long awaited bows. I sold two of my Elites so that I can make room for my new SR-71. It should be arriving soon. This is the 1st time I have ordered a bow, sight unseen. Kevin knows how to build a bow and I have loved every bow he has designed to date. The reviews on these Strother bows have all been very positive. They come with Predator camo as the pattern. I ordered mine in the AT version...Predator camo riser with black limbs. It is a speed bow with an IBO in excess of 350 fps, and all reports say it is a smooth draw and very quiet.

http://www.strotherarchery.com/

A pic of Karbons' Vanquish

nzreq1.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, 350 fps is quick! With a little work though, I think a set of recurve limbs could be made to work on that riser.:way::D:D

I was thinking the same thing as Critter Don. I'll just let you troubleshoot the whole lineup before I decide on a bow. Thanks for sharing

I wish there was a Strother dealer around so I could shoot one. :confused: Sweet looking bows and I realize its a new company, but I won't buy a bow without shooting it first.

They are having issues with getting them out the door and Kevin Strother isnt saying why. Just that they are trying to get things all squared up. I would say good luck getting your bow before spring.

Have to say I had one on order through my favorite dealer, this before they changed the design, I dont anymore. They are sweet shooters and I am a blowie at heart but that destroyer has nothing on the SR-71 or Infinity.

I spoke with Crackers last thursday and he said that he had just spoken with Kevin Strothers, and that Strothers are busy trying to get bows ready for the ATA show, and this is the top priority; they have been waiting on parts to arrive. Mike said that he feels that the bows will be shipping soon, but offered no time line and I didn't ask. Kevins designs are always spectacular, and I have not read one negative report on these bows.

I wish there was a Strother dealer around so I could shoot one. :confused: Sweet looking bows and I realize its a new company, but I won't buy a bow without shooting it first.
If you live where your name is, St Joseph, MO is just a hop and skip away. Order through Crackers there, after you shoot one.:way:

Oh man you have mentioned Crackers name on here twice and no back lash. you are a lucky man. :)

Mike is my dealer as well, always has been and always will be. And he told me the same thing HCH.

I also think that is crap, guys are ready for the bows, some sight unseen and he is trying to get some ready for the ATA:confused: Some of these are payed for. Kind of bad practice, rather have bows for a show rather to their customer. Why I canceled my SR-71 order.

Unless I have held the bow and shot it I am not going to buy it. First of all alot of money being spent and secondly they don't always feel the same from year to year. It's like when you swing up a shotgun, it's gotta feel good and natural or you will always be uncomfortable when you go to take the shot.
And with any bow, it could travel 500 fps, but if you can't hit anything with it then the speed doesn't matter. It's all about shot placement........

IF ANY DEALERS ARE READING THIS AND WANT TO SEND ME A FREE BOW AND TRY TO CHANGE MY MIND PLEASE GO AHEAD. I HAVE 4 KIDS THAT LIKE TO SHOOT ALSO.

Yea Stephen, but I think the ATA show is pretty important to these vendors. Not saying customers aren't. As long as mine is here for turkey season. For those interested,These bows can be bought in 1/2 lb increments too; Example 55-65lb range.
I know what you are saying Tracker. I am generally the same way. BUT, I have never shot any of Kevin Strothers' designs that I have not really liked. His Bowtechs, right through the 06 lineup, were great bows, all of the Elites were fantastic, and these Strothers are even better, according to people in the Archery world I trust. Kevin gets quietness, extreme speed, with a nice draw cycle, handshock free,and knows how to engineer bows. He listens to his customers and asked us back when he was with Elite, on Elites forum, what we wanted in a new bow lineup. We gave him the above list, and we also wanted Predator camo. He listened.:way:I trust Karbon's reviews, and others's reviews. Karbon goes through bows constantly, and his Vanquish is his favorite to date. I know one thing, if I don't like it, I can put it in the classifieds on AT and get my money back, as guys are fighting to get one, and the supply is low, and demand is high. His Elite lineup and the 06 Bowtechs are still selling well and demanding top dollar.

Although it doesn't show it on the Strother Archery website, bows can be ordered with 55-65# limbs. This is nice feature, as bows perform best at peak weight, and many guys turn their 70# bows down to 65# anyway. Karbon says his 55-65# Vanquish is peaked at 66#. I just got a pm, and it sounds like the ONLY 5# peak weight you can get is the 55-65# bow. All others are 40-50,50-60,60-70,70-80,80-90

Last edited:
Top Bottom