Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Strother Archery bows are shipping/site up to date

Man, these bows are sure looking good in the videos. That 4th video posted, the guy admits at the end he is a Mathews shooter, and he looks spellbound over the Strother bow. The SR-71 is their speed bow, 350 plus fps, and watch the guys that are shooting this bow draw it. Looks very smooth, with no irritating hump at the end, like my 82nd Airborne had. The bows these guys are shooting are bare bows, with nothing added on to them. Looks like Kevin has done it again.
happy0001.gif

They are now offering what they call is the "Storm package." These are the bows that don't have the black cams in the videos.

Last edited:
You gettin paid for all this promotion?
No, not even a free decal. I am just pretty excited about their new lineup of bows. This is breaking news about a new bow company. In all fairness, in small companies like Elite, and Strother...if someone on the net or in their shooting circle of friends, doesn't get the word out on these bows, people just wouldn't know about them. Most people shoot what their dealers push. For example, Here in IA, archers know very little about Elite archery. I found a 2006 Elite E-500 brand new on a Dealers rack at Scheels in West Des Moines IA last winter. This was Elites flagship speed bow of 2006. Basically the Corvette version of the 06 Bowtech Allegiance, since both were designed by Kevin Strother in 2006. The E-500 is a better bow. It has a better grip(side plates) barnsdale limbs, and Winner's Choice string. This bow was on the rack new, with $300 worth of accessories, for $300!!! I made a call in fact to some guys, asking them what they knew about this bow. They knew nothing, and neither did I. I bought it. What a steal. I turned around and traded it, plus $200 for a Predator Green 09 Elite GT500, with a Sword Twilight site, Posten stab, Crackers Strings, and super tuned at Terminal Velocity, to a guy that wanted $1000 for his setup. Due to the rareness of this bow, and the mint condition it was in, we were both happy traders. Elites are the best bows I have shot to date, and these Strothers are getting even better reviews. So, I am happy to spread the word about these fine bows, as I am an Archer helping Archers. Keeping the public informed.:drink2:

Last edited:
I hate these posts with a passion.....................because you know dang well if I shot one of these bows it would be an obsession until I finally owned one. I will pretend this post doesn't exist :)

Come on HCH, you know you are getting paid to plug these bows.... when do you get your free bow :)

You do offer up some great insight, but same thing happens when Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech...etc... come out with a new bow.

But Im on your side haha. Havent got rid of my 06 Allegiance and we all know who designed it. Best feel to a bow out there for Me.

I heard the new ones he came out with are suppose to be better then the allegiance....uh oh!

And just to state....I hated the Elite cams and the dual partnership thing with Grace Engineering. To much bickering in the company and if the dealer is having trouble getting answers for warranty, not a step I wanted to take.

Lol Steve..then my reviews would have no merit:way:

I found this interesting:
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1115334

GSLAM95
user_offline.gif

My 2010 ATA Show Top Picks List!
It was a great show with a lot of New products. I did not take or have the time to snap any pictures as I made an honest effort to step into any and every booth that I could. Wednesday, Thursday was cut-n-run & write the obvious order days while the evenings were hotel room study crunch for Friaday orders.
faint.gif

The list below are my personal favorite choices...

BOWS:

Elite - Still climbing up the ladder with quality, shootability and some new accessories.

Athens - I did not look at them in 09 but shot them this year and was impressed. Perhaps a bold statement to some but I think their machining is 2nd to none in the industry! Quality all the way around..

Strothers - I think Kevin has another home run on design.

Quivers:

TightSpot (still #1 in my book)
ZEN - by Athens (with a built in bow hook - nice)
G5 MagLoc Compact
Elite Treelimb quiver

Rest:
Ripcord Code Red
QAD
G5 Expert Pro

Sights:

TruBall Axcel Armortech
Athens Rellik
G5 Rock
TruGlo Micro Brite series

Sight Light:

Watch for a new compact micro push button from TruGlo
G5 Optix is a proven light as well

Releases:

1st place tie ---- TruBall - Assassin SST & Spot Hogg - Wise Guy
Tru Ball - BEAST
Timney - Archery trigger model 2201

Broadheads:

NEW G5 T3
NEW NAP BloodRunner2
Reign (New last year and peaking my interest)

Peep sights:

The New "Red Eye" by Ep hunting (makers of the Reign broadhead)

Lighted Nocks:

battery powered - FIRENOCK (hands down proven performer)
Non battery powered - The Fire Fly (down fall is only one size)

Bow Cases:

Pole Mountain Outdoors - Hardcase B-II

Rangefinder:

Opti-Logic Micro I - Hang on to your hats folks as this thing is going to storm the bowhunting rangefinder industry!

Game Cameras:

Reconyx - HyperFire HC600 & HC500 (The others don't even belong in the same category)
Primos - New in the game with 4 models of the Truth Cam

Ground Blinds:
Note- I crawled inside each one of these blinds and they are in the order picked due to my past 10+ yrs experience of using ground blinds.

The New Crusher by Primos Double Bull - waterproof & scentproof pleated fabric, New hub system, included frame pack which doubles for other uses. (available late summer/fall)
Primos Double Bull Dark Horse
ASAT Blind
New Lone Wolf Blind
Rhino

Bow Holder:

Pole Mountain - BowLegs (durable aluminum & weighs in at 4ozs) unique simple design!

Lights:

CYCLOPS 3 watt Hand held spot light Model CYC-3WS6AA
240/10.8 lumen output
also has green non game spooking mode

Video Equipment

Sport Vu - by Jk outdoor products

Not on their website yet but WOW what a universal mini sport video cam. First of it's kind designed with a Sony CCD imager. Comes with many mounting options standard (bow, scope, bike, tree, helmet, motorcycle, car window) I seen in person the recording and playback between the sport vu, epic and roscoby (the quality was listed in order
smile.gif
)

i-Kam Xtreme 3.0
Sunglasses with built in video with 736x480 playback resolution (just another angle to catch that bowshot
smile.gif
) by predator outdoor products
Clothing:

Many choices but I liked
First Lite - New camo choices same great quality merino wool
Sitka - The new Optifade Forest

Treestands:

Muddy Outdoors - Their added footrest is a big plus anlong with the changes to a New model ladder stand.

Safety system:

Rescue One by Mountaineer sports

Muddy safeguard

These are a few of the items that I personally picked up on that stuck out in my mind. Many more but these were my show favorites for the most part.

Top Bottom