Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Stuck!

IQDM

Spring is a wonderful time of year! The best time of year to get out to the land and start doing some serious habitat work! Unfortunately spring is also the wettest time of year! But will a little soggy soil keep us from working on the land? Not a chance! However, wet soggy marshes and swamps have ways of getting the best of us at times!
I'm talking about getting stuck! Whether it's your truck, tractor, atv, or own two feet, post your pictures of getting stuck while working on the land! ;)
Here are some of my "adventures".:( My friends say I have problems!:rolleyes:
IMG00475-1.jpg

IMG00447-1.jpg

IMG00343.jpg

03-16-09_1457.jpg

IMG00541.jpg

Yes I got stuck trying to pull the other one out! :thrwrck:
IMG00544.jpg

03-22-09_1556.jpg

IMG00558.jpg

IMG00361-1.jpg

IMG00363-1.jpg

I will admit, on a few of those I am left shaking my head saying, "What were you thinking?" LOL :)

Yikes...with the trenches you're leaving out on the land in some of those pictures, pretty sure your land would be better off if you'd wait for dryer days :D

NWBuck

Curiosity has me wondering what you were thinking as well. I would not have attempted any of that stuff...

I can't find the pic in my avatar, but will look tonight. It wasn't me, but I took the photo of a farmer trying to field cultivate.

This is our custom NH3 rig last spring. Yeah, thats a 9400 buried deep enough it knocked the weights off the front.

Cellphonepics052.jpg

This is our custom NH3 rig last spring. Yeah, thats a 9400 buried deep enough it knocked the weights off the front.

Cellphonepics052.jpg
WOW! Whenever I get stuck I always know that I have bigger equipment on higher ground just in case! For your situation, I don't know of many tractors that are bigger than a 9400 or many people who have a spare 9400 sitting around on higher ground!:D

Now I am curious. How did you get the 9400 out? Dozer?

Bigger Tractor. :grin:

9630 with metrics on it. We have the biggest tow rope money can buy. The rope it's self is about the size of a basket ball. When one tractor started pulling on the other one, that tow rope got to the size of a roll of quarters, thats when everyone hit the deck!!

If you play with fire you're going to get burned... or something like that.

Today I was running a line of fire along a road with my ranger and drip torch. The road was nice and dry, but when I turned to bring the fire up the side and went through the ditch...<O:p</O:p
IMG00628.jpg
<O:p></O:p>

It got pretty deep pretty fast! I quickly threw it in reverse... no go... The line of fire was literally a foot from the driver's side door of the ranger and starting to take off, so I had to think fast! luckily I had a sprayer on the back of the ranger with 50gal of water for just such a predicament.:D
IMG00631.jpg

<O:p</O:p

I battled the blaze back to a safe distance and was able to take these pics.
<O:p</O:p
IMG00629.jpg

IMG00630.jpg

This was only a wet reed canary grass marsh, so the flames were pretty moderate. If this had been a NWSG stand however, I probably would have to try to explain to the insurance company how the ranger melted!:thrwrck: (or worse)

<O:p</O:pNever can be too careful while burning! :)<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
  • Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom