Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

stupid decoy question

muddy

just bought a used boss buck decoy, one horn doesn't sit on it's head straight, will this matter? if i just used the one horn will that matter?

my guess is it won't, but thought i'd ask anyway because i've never used a decoy.

No such thing as a stupid question Muddy.........except this one :moon:

Reminds me of a quote from one of the best movies ever. "Elk don't know how many legs a horse has" :grin: They're just deer man, they're not that intelligent.

Also, any luck using them in wide open timber adjacent to thick stuff? Always hear they have to be in wide open areas but have some very open timber locations I wonder about.

Also, any luck using them in wide open timber adjacent to thick stuff? Always hear they have to be in wide open areas but have some very open timber locations I wonder about.

I have only ever used mine in a field setting, however, I have heard that you don't want to "hide" them so the buck is startled when he first sees it. From this I would assume you could go with an "in timber" setup as long as the decoy was pretty visible from a distance.

i have always used dekes with a small half rack, gives the impression its a young whipersnapper that needs another attitude adjustment.

you'll be fine... sheesh, you're spending a lot of money lately, get a raise in your allowance?

:grin:

THA4 said:
i have always used dekes with a small half rack, gives the impression its a young whipersnapper that needs another attitude adjustment.

you'll be fine... sheesh, you're spending a lot of money lately, get a raise in your allowance?

:grin:

I've always done the same. The bigger bucks seem to come in better to a half rack, and the younger bucks tend to stay away. Just my ten cents my two cents is free.

I've had a boss buck for 3 yrs and never use it. Was hoping to set it where I believe a big guy may make an exit from the timber but I know he'll be coming out after 12+ does and a half dozen small bucks,....will they screw me over?

Top Bottom