Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Success after mid November?

Tomo

I didn't score during the first two weeks of November. I have two weekends and Thanksgiving to bowhunt before shotgun season opens. What kind of success have you guys/gals had from now until the shotgun opener?

Tomo

im in the same situation as you are, and im not worried at all. i think its gonna get super hot here next week of thanksgiving. i got the whole week off and im pulling out all the stops. last weekend didnt produce much, most of the bucks seemed to be with the does, but i bet by thanksgiving week they are gonna be roaming looking for those last does, In my opinion, thanksgiving week is one of the best to be out there, ive seen more monster bucks roaming the woods than any other time, stick with it, its gonna be good!!!!
smile.gif

I hope you're right Liv4Rut. I have a couple nights after work and then I'm off Sunday thru the 30th. Fit in a couple Turkey Day celebrations and a few pheasant hunts with my brothers and I have a full schedule. Hopefully I can come back to work in time to rest up before shotgun season! And hopefully I'll have a freezer full of meat also. Maggs

I'm in the same boat. Which dates would you guys recommend for my late November efforts. 11/20-11/23 or 11/22-11/25?

I have seen my biggest bucks around Thanksgiving. The big boys aren't ready for the fun to end and are cruising for the last remaining does. I have called (rattled/grunt/bleat) in more bucks during late November than I have during late October. I would say the action should be good from now through Dec 1. Good Luck.

I'll agree on Thanksgiving being a great time to hunt. 2 years ago I saw 9 different bucks, including a couple P&Y's on Thanksgiving morning before 11 oclock. I stopped hunting to drive to eat. I passed up a nice 10 point because the day before I saw a monster 10 point roaming the area. It was the best day I've ever had in the woods.
I think last weekend the big boys were still holed up with does. On Saturday, I watched a 140 class 8 point chase a doe all over and then the doe bedded down about 150 yards from me. I watched the buck all day and saw at least 13 bucks, all basket racks, try to get in on the doe and the buck chased them all off. So anyway, the doe had bedded down at about 8 that morning and at dark she had not got up once. Kind of shows that those bigger bucks are probably just holed up with does. I bet that sometime this week action is going to really pick up.

The little bucks chase does in late September. The biggest bucks chase does in late November. It'll be a matter on being in the right place at the right time, but the big boys will be out during daylight for another 10-12 days.

I agree with liv4Rut. There will be some good hunting in the next few weeks! I hope, because I still need to get mine!
beerchug.gif

Top Bottom