Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Suggestions for a kids bow

boneil

Looking at picking up a bow for my kids. They love to tag along and shoot with me at our range here in town. They have some bows there that they are able to shoot, but would like to get them one of their own. My son is 6 and my daughter is 9. Just looking for ideas, I know the Genesis is out there. Is that the one to buy? Thanks for your help.

Tons of good kids bows out there. (Sure didn't use to be)

Actually if you want to teach the kids good life-long archery skills, the Genesis is not the best answer. It has no letoff or draw length so makes good form more difficult.
If you want one bow that everyone can share - it is the best choice. Very nice in its ability to be shot by anyone but that is also why it is not perfect.

Look into the Diamond Razors Edge or the new Hoyt Ruckus. Both are extremely adjustable so they can grow in weight and length as the child grows. Either is available as plain bow or complete package set-up.

Last edited:
I got the Genesis for Christmas for my 7 and 9 year olds. They love it. I like the fact that it has no draw length as they can share it, even my wife can shoot it occasionally as well. So for $200 they all have a bow and are excited about getting into archery and getting to go shoot targets with Dad.

Top Bottom