Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Summit climber modifications. Have you tried?

Stump Shooter

I have a summit viper x4 and I really don't like the bar in front of me while I'm hunting. I don't really have the cash to plunk down on a different top, so I was wondering if anyone has done this or do you think I would mess with the top's structure/integrity if I cut the bar off just after it makes the turn to the middle just in the front?? I looked at the stand tonight and it doesn't look like I will. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this and has it worked? And before the responses come, I have tried all possible positions with the top and I just can't seem to get used to the bar in front of me. ha, ha

Thanks!

Pat

I think cutting off part of the stand would be too serious a safety risk to try it. I'd rather deal with the bar and stay alive.

Cutting the bar in that particular place would ruin the structural integrity of the stand. I would highly recommend not doing this.

Monster,

"In theory" what I wanted to do, would just be turning this stand into a hand climber and not a full surround climber. So it wouldn't make it any less safe than any other hand climber.

I just got off the phone with a Summit guy. Apparently that front bar holds the whole top square and intact. If I cut it off, the arms would bend apart which isn't a good thing for obvious reasons. ha, ha I guess the Razor is designed differently to work without that front bar(brace) with extra welded supports behind the seat.

Pat

I understand the goal but I most stands these days are engineered for the greatest strength with the least amount of materials (reducing both weight and materials costs) so cutting parts of them off would in most cases have some effect on the structural integrity.

Glad you checked on it before you did any cutting, definitely don't want to see you getting hurt.

Top Bottom