Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sundown Lake

Fletch

Can anyone tell me anything about this lake and the property around it? I brought my wife an aerial photo of some timber for sale and she countered with an advertisement for some lake front lots for sale. Anybody heard of the lake or better yet, fished it?

Fletch

there is a full page add for lots in the local shopper every week. it says its a private lake, so i doubt many have fished it

Otherwise known as Lake LeMud. It was once a nice lake...but not taken care of and by the end of the 90's had silted in very badly.
The owners put it on the market and were able to unload it on some real estate company from out of state.
I don't know how much work/dredging they've done since.

Seems as if they're trying to pass this off as a an executive's getaway property now. Prices are high. I know for a fact that the hunting around the lake is very good and that the area is quite pretty.

I remember seeing the ad when it was up for sale, pretty pricy if I remember right. I have driven by it and I can say that the area in general is high quality hunting. I have no specific information on the lake and immediate property though. Good luck, good to hear you have the wife looking at properties though!!
grin.gif

Used to be the core area for J&S Trophy hunts, about 3000 acres. Many nice bucks ,including a few booners,were taken. I saw one outdoor show where they took several bass in the 5 to 6 pound range. Most of the lakefront lots have been sold, but they plan to poen up another portion in the future.

I have fished it several times in the past. It is always muddy. You can catch some nice bass but they are few and far between. It is a private lake now so I don't know if just anyone can fish it. There are a lot better lakes around to fish..

Top Bottom