Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

super Black or Super Nova

muddy

Kicking g options around, pros and cons for Benelli super black eagle or super Nova?

Well obviously first would be, do you like a semi auto or a pump? We used to call the Nova, "the rattle trap". It feels chincy, but always seemed to shoot when you needed it. Lots of plastic, and kinda clumbsy. The SBE 2 is a solid gun and has some nice features. My brother has one and has shot it for years with no issues, except the safety button needed to be tightened quite often. Price is a big factor as well. The SBE 2 is about twice the price, but IMO is a way better "pointing" gun and has better feel to it. I guess if you have your heart set on a pump shotgun, IMO there are better ones on the market. As far as semi auto's go, the SBE 2 is right up there. I would look at the super vinci as well.

We used to put our guns through some serious wear and tear and over the years have tried just about all of them in everything from dusty early season goose fields to January snow and below zero and have found that the Benellis perform pretty well. Regardless you need to keep them clean for them to cycle properly. Also target acquisition on your follow up shots is quicker with an auto loader. I'm sure you know all of this, so my advice is to get what you like and what feels the best to you. I switched from an auto loader to a 3 1/2 inch Browning Cynergy a few years back for my goose gun. I still have my old 3" 11-87 for the duck holes! All depends on what you like. :way:

I think it would depend on if you want a pump or semi-auto. I've owned two SBE's and don't have any complaints other than the sights on the slug barrel aren't the greatest imo. For waterfowl, upland, or turkey hunting they are the cats a$$.

Sorry, I always forget that out here when guys are considering shotgun purchases. most of the time it is for slug hunting. I can't help you there, so if that is the case disregard my other comments :way:

170, Maybe I can take a look at yours when I'm down in creston This weekend?

If you don't need to shoot 3 1/12" shells, you should look at the Benelli M2. I have one & love it. I think it's basicallythe same as a SBE except it doesn't shoot the big shells ??

Having shot both the Nova and the SBE, I would definitely go with a SBE. Nova just felt heavy, awkward, and cheap. I don't own either anymore, but when I had a Nova I would rather take the ol 870 or Ithaca rather than the Nova. I didn't like it at all.

SBE II is an awesome gun its performed flawlessly from extremely dusty canadian praries to late jan. goose hunting. nova is still a shooter but with the different safety location and the much more solid feel of the sbe i'd go with the sbe

I would go with the semi auto. The nova is pretty ugly looking in my opinion. My buddies felt chancy to me. Id take an 870extra super mag pump over that. The winchester sx3 is pretty awesome too.

I"m indifferent towards a semi auto or a pump having shot both in my life. I'm not entirely locked in on a Benelli either. I've been kicking around a chunk of cash for awhile now and would just like to get a really nice shotgun beings as I've never owned one. I have a squareback Browning A5 20 gauge I guess, and it's awesome, but I'd like a nice 12. I'm open to suggestions actually.

I've abused the snot out of my nova. Keeps on ticking. Pretty much will take anything. Might even be lane proof. Hard to believe I know.

Isn't some kind of man law broken by not owning a 12ga by your age?

I've got O/U'ers, pumps, and auto 12's and the best all around is the 870. If you want something a little nicer try to find an older wingmaster.

Muddy. I have a Super Nova that was recommended to me buy some dedicated duck hunters. I didn't really have a preference either about pump or auto. Those guys liked the durability of the pump. I can't compare it to much else like some of the previous replies but I can say it's a pretty solid shotgun.

Muddy, if you're wanting a nice gun, don't get a 450 dollar pump made of plastic. I've shot them and they shoot fine but the SBE's are seriously dynamite. You can't hurt them. You're talking a lot bigger chunk of cash for it, though.. If you're open to suggestions, check out Beretta's lineup, too. Just as durable as Benelli's and they've got some great autoloaders in the same price range as the SBE's.

Top Bottom