Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SUPPRESCENT/ WINDSTOPPER by Gore Any Good?

scout

No Not Al, He's a has been!
My question is has the techno-race vaulted past carbon based fabrics?
I see so much hype on the newest latest greatest magic chemical compounds developed to make me totally invisible it's vertually impossible to feel you have made the best choice when selecting a product!
I know that I have claimed in prior posts that I don't stink! But like a cheap wine I may be fermenting with age!

I looked at the Gore web site and did'nt find anything about reactivating the supprescent material.

It's funny how this marketing bull works. I've had a pair of X-Static undies and shirt for a few years now. Back then it was advertised to keep you the warnest due to the silver threads! GEE! Now I find out the threads stop the growth of odor causing bacteria!

Point is I found a killer price on a pair of bibs and a jacket (Supprescent Windstopper) yet I'm reluctant to buy due to reading hype about how carbon is second string to the latest "applied chemical compounds" or "membrains"
Any more I think it's a abounch of bull pucky! I'll still place my bet on the Ivory soap!
grin.gif

Scout,

I've used a Supprescent liner suit for a few years now. I bought it when Scent-Lok still shed on your clothes. To date, I've not been smelled while wearing the suit, that I know of. I do go to great lengths to eliminate scent, so the suit is just part of the formula. A couple of years ago in early October I shot a buck that spent no less than 20 minutes feeding within 20 yards of my tree, directly downwind. It was hot and I was sweaty, so I know I had to stink. I finally shot him at 7 yards and he never had a clue. So I do believe it works well. I will say however, that it is somewhat hot to wear in the early season, and I think some of the newer stuff is a little more flexible. The dryer will reactivate it and my instructions said it could be washed as much as necessary with no ill effect, another reason I bought it over the Scent-Lok which was available at that time. I know the new Scent-Lok is much improved over the original. Hope this helps.

Scout, I have Supprescent Jackets and pants. I've had good luck with them. As far as carbon suits go they are the most comfortable to wear. Who knows if they work like they claim too but I think they do help. I still do the same old routine of showering with the unscented antibacterial soap. I will say that as of yet I haven't been busted with it on but that doesn't mean I would have been if I didn't have it on either.

If it's a good price then it can't hurt to try it out.

i also use the supprescent/windstopper scent control clothing. it seems to do a good job if you dot all the i's and cross the t's and keep yourself and all your other equipment as scentfree as possible. my buck, and 4 does, from two years ago were all downwind when i killed him. nothing beats playing the wind though...which you already know cuz i've seen your harvest photos from teh past few years.

I purchased the Supprescent liner with Windstopper about 4 years ago also.Regardless if it really works or not,and whether it can be truly activated,I won't go there.But even if it works like they state,I honestly don't care for the Windstopper membrane.Maybe their different now,but mine almost feels like your wearing a plastic bag within the fibers,due to the membrane.And I noticed I would sweat alot more than normal when wearing it,which I don't like.They state the Windstopper membrane permits moisture vapors to pass through,but it sure didn't seem like it to me.Just my opinion.

Well the bibs and jacket are on the way. Along with a set of X-static and ploypro long jons and some camo jeans.

Thanks for the replies! I plan to use the bibs in colder weather and the windstopper is what sold me. My current coveralls just don't getting it! I picked up a new pair of Burly 1200 boots for this season also. I guess I'm set> I must be I'm broke! (let's see....
tag money via garage sale!)

If interested check out sierra trading post. They have some great prices on X-static and other stuff.
www.sierratradingpost.com

Top Bottom