Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Surprise Find

AZHunter

Iowa Boy At Heart
Gents- I just got a phone call from my mom telling me she had come into possession of a bow that used to belong to my dad. I had no idea that he used to shoot a bow (or at least I don't remember). It is, according to her description, a Ben Pearson Jet Bow, cat. no. 333. Apparently, my dad used to coach little league for my older cousin's team way back when before I was born and he gave my cousin this bow. So that makes the bow at least 37 years old, if not older. My cousin just gave it back to my mom the other day and let her know he has some fishing equipment to go with it that he needs to find. What can any of you tell me about this bow? I'm at work right now and "Big Brother" limits what websites I can and can't access (luckily this one is good according to BB), so I can't get much info. I told my mom I definitely want it, if for no other reason that it was my dad's (died 6 years ago) and my love of archery has grown so I'd love to have it in my "keeper collection". Its a keepsake that I can also pass on to my kids. My daughter, who loves her current bow, was born 15 days after my dad died and I know how much she would love this. My 2.5-year old son can't wait to get his own bow, so I know he would love it eventually. Anyway, enough of the sentimental sappy stuff, what can any of you tell me? As soon as I get possession of it, I plan on taking into my local archery shop, but I don't know when that will be so I appreciate any insight you all can provide. Thanks!

Congrats on the family find.:way:
If memory serves me correctly, the "Jet" was an all fiberglass bow. Generally low poundage and considered a youth starter bow. Probably made early 60's.
The bow you have is priceless with it belonging to your dad.:way:

Made in 1963

Jet Fiberglas Bows
Solid fiberglass bows, with modded plastic handles
Jet bows Nos. 336, 333, and 331 Feature a sight window center shot.
Bows Nos, 337, 335, 334 have dual arrow rest, can be used by right or left handed shooters.
All are recyrve except No. 334. It has straight limbs
No. 337, 5’ 6", weights 30,35,40,45,50,55, lbs
No. 335, 5’ 0", weights 20,25,30,35,40,45,55 lbs
No. 336, 5, 0", weights 20,25,30,35,40 lbs
No. 333, 4’ 6", weight 25 lbs at 26 inches
No. 331, 4’ 0", Weight 20 lbs at 22 inches
No. 334, 5’ 0", weights 20.25.30.35.40 lbs
No. 332, 4’ 6", weight 25 lbs at 24 inches
No. 330, 4’ 0", weight20 lbs at 22 inches

Thanks guys!! I knew someone on here would be able to help me out. So if its in good enough condition, do you think I could use it as my son's starter bow next summer or should I just mothball it have it as a keepsake and get him the same type of Bear Archery longbow I started my daughter with? As soon as I get it down here from up there (IA), I'll take it into the archery shop and have them look at it and keep you all posted.

The bow you have is priceless with it belonging to your dad.:way:

And that's the bottom line, Shovel! I don't really care whether or not it can still be fired, it was my dad's. This goes right up there with getting his dad's single shot .410 a year ago that I learned to hunt with as a kid after 20+ years of not knowing what happened to it after a family fallout with my dad's stepmom and her new husband. Now I'm even more stoked!! :way:

I'd say since it's an all glass bow, chances of shooting it are good.Check it over good for any splinters or cracks. If none are found, put a new string on it and give it a go.
I think I know somebody that could make a string.;)

I'd say since it's an all glass bow, chances of shooting it are good.Check it over good for any splinters or cracks. If none are found, put a new string on it and give it a go.
I think I know somebody that could make a string.;)

Thanks, Jay! As soon as I get it down here (hopefully soon), I'll let you know what I find. :way:

Top Bottom