Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

surprise, surprise!!

muddy

Although it's not totally related to deer hunting I just have to share my thoughts...

Just got back last night from celebrating my 1 year wedding anniversary. I thought that by getting married my hunt time would be cut in half when in fact it's just the opposite. I hinted at several out of state hunts that I could possibly get into a few weeks ago to my wife. On Friday my new Bowhunter magazine shows up and that sparked a good conversation for our drive to Des Moines. I received the "go ahead" for a Nebraska turkey hunt & a South Dakota mulie hunt just from a little 'ol magazine! Not to mention Bowhunter focused on bear hunting and she thinks it'd be cool if I could go to Minnesota or Wisconsin and harvest one of those buggers too! Too top things off we got home last night and my gift is awaiting me on the couch. There, wrapped up in brown paper, was something I'd been drooling over ever time I walked by it at Scheels. Old Buck's "Big Country Bucks" print of the Albia buck!! I couldn't have been happier.

Why in God's name this woman decided to marry a red necked punk who gets more excitement in seeing a good buck or getting a boss tom close rather than going to some broadway musical (which by the way we did over the weekend) is beyond me. As Limb Chicken says:

"I'd rather be lucky than good any day"

God, I love that woman.
smile.gif

Remember Valentines day is coming up, thank that little lady properly for the crap she puts up with during deer season and the stuff that's about to hit the fan come turkey season!!

Idont know where you found her, but you'd better do all you can to keep her. Congrads on a happy marrage.

PS. Are you sure she is not setting you up?

Muddy,
Your a lucky man!
and if you ever want to come to michigan let me know.

wanab.c.

You got big bears up there?? I havn't looked at the state by state statistics other than Wisconsin & Minnesota had the highest success rate (29% & 47%) by far. I honestly would be interested, I'd have to pick up a 3rd job but it'd be worth it!!
smile.gif

My wife actually set up my last year fall hunt in Kansas. Book the rooms took care of the licensing etc...There are some "good" ones out there! We're going on 15yrs. (8 of which we've been married).

Congrats Muddy on finding a "good" one. Many more. Happy Anniversay. Hell you are still on a honeymoon.
grin.gif

Pupster

Greendeem,

I have faith, technically this is our 9th year together, only 1 of 'em married. We made it through my "rebellious" college years so I'm not too worried!!
smile.gif

Geeze Muddy, when you started saying, "my gift is awaiting me on the couch. There, wrapped up in brown paper, was something I'd been drooling over" I was thinking WOW! this is getting good! Anyway, congrats on the one year. It sounds as if you are on the right track. I've been married 25 years now and my wife TELLS me to go hunting and get out of the house!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Shovelbuck

I figured as much when I wrote that part!!
wink.gif
Sorry to get you so excited and then tear you down, however Old Bucks prints are NEARLY that exciting right??
wink.gif

MUDDY,

Would your wife be willing to set up a chat room on this web cite to give advised to wives like mine. My wife is good for the most part but may need counseling to get over the new head mount in our dining room. I have a room to display my hunting "trophies", she just don't understand that this buck is too big and needs to be where more people can appreciate it.
wink.gif
She is also starting to complain about turkey season. She can't understand that when I hunt 1st and 4th season, why I have to start scouting in march and also do some scouting before 4th season, "when I was just out there during 1st season".
I guess you are just lucky that your wife understands the addiction that most of us on this web cite suffer from.
wink.gif
And I cannot fault my wife, she's doing the best she can.

Hey Muddy, howed you get her to wear a blindfold for 9 years?

I too am similarly blessed. Just spent a butt load for my Bushmaster Varminter, scope, cleaning stuff, etc etc and she was for it every step of the way. 'course that diamond and saphire bracelet for Crhistmas may have helped. I hope she doesn't mind that her Valentines Day present will be delayed a few months. The new Loudmouth Predator caller should be on the market by then. I want to buy her a new sewing machine, so she can sew up some cammo, but she was on to me. Better stick to jewlery.

All kidding aside, when you find a good one,
do all you can to keep her.

The 'Bonker

Two years ago my I finally got to go on an Alaska hunt. All that did is make me want to go back real bad. My wife said before I go back there she wants us to go to Jamaica. That's fine with me too, but I'm gonna have to do some research and find out what there's to hunt there............
beerchug.gif

Congratulations, Muddy on the first year, sounds like you have her trained well!
wink.gif

Moosehunter, can we see some pictures of your Alaskan hunt. I assume that you were after bullwinkle. It seems everybody has a dream hunt and that is mine, Alaskan moose with a bow.
I hear thiers an abundance of wild dogs in Jamaica, pack the varment rifle.

Nonres

Quick story... A friend has bowhunted Africa 6 times I think. The first time his wife went along. Since then, when he goes to Africa or any other big hunt she stays home and shops. He say's usually about the same dollar amount as the hunts cost. Just something to think about Muddy. Those hunts could be EXPENSIVE!
wink.gif

Congrats Muddy on the anniversary!

There are a few of us there that are lucky, my wife of 16 years will pack my lunch load my truck and wish me luck with nothing more than a phone call. She is insistent on me getting a new bow, and as far as guns are concerned she likes them as much as me, and to top it off, if there is an obligation that I should go to and would rather not, she will come up with an excuse so I can go hunting!! She saves money so I can go on hunts and looks forward each year to our trip to South Dakota Turkey Hunting, She helps me apply each year to atleast 7 states, and this last year topped it off when she went and got a loan so I could go on my dream hunt to British Columbia Grizzly Bear Hunting.

She helps each year butchering deer, turkey, antelope, and puts up with the sights and smells of skulls being cleaned etc.

And unlike many of my friend’s wives, she has not let herself go, in other words, I could not ask for any more.

Cherish her Muddy, because I honestly think we are in the minority, I have friends that have to almost lie and cheat to get outdoors.

Again Congrats, and here is to many more!!

hey nonres. i've got pictures. I have to find them though. We were after moose and caribou. I didn't get anything myself but out of 5 guys we brought home 2 moose and 2 caribou despite poor conditions. I saw several moose but for different reasons missed out on all of them. But that's hunting I guess. I can tell you if you ever get a chance to go.......GO. It was everything I dreamed of and then some. I'll see if the administrators would be kind enough to post a few pictures..............

Muddy,

Sounds like you have the perfect woman. So do I, mine actually hunts. She is a very good shot with the muzzleloader and just last year was her first year to bow hunt. She shoots my old Mathews Ultra Max and she let me buy a new Legacy.

We just moved into a new house in the country last year and she told me that she would like to get some camo furniture to put downstairs....I just about started crying wioth joy. We've been married 8 years and she also let me name my boy Hunter!!!!!!!!

Anyway good for you on the 1st year.

T.D.

Hey I was at the wedding & I don't remember the vows going anything like that! It must just be those Maquoketa girls, mine isn't quite so happy with my vices but stills supports most of them. Send our best to Mrs Muddy.

Oh for God's sake...enough of the "Ward and June Kleever" posts! Show a little respect for those of us who fight like a dog for every stand we take
wink.gif

Thanks y'all.

I got another surprise for Valentines day, no, it wasn't Big Timber Bucks like I was hoping for. It was all the Austin Powers DVD's. Now that is classy!
wink.gif

Top Bottom