Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Survival of the fittest

Shredder

Life Member
It was good to see this image that was catured by my deer cam. I fooled this buck with my decoy this year and elected to pass just to see what he will turn into. I am glad he made it through the gun seasons, just hope he makes it through the winter now. Not to bad for a probable three year old.

deercamphoto.jpg

Very well could be a two year old. His body size was a fair bit larger than an average two year old but probably a shade smaller than the average three year old. I will be anxious to see how he matures later in the year, I may just need to pass him again if he makes a considerable jump in size

Nice deer. Nosy fellow though. What's the white shadows in the background of the first picture?

The white shadows are old rotten haybales. Just beyond those bales, it drops about 15 feet into a ditch. The only place the deer can walk is right in front of the camera or through the ditch. I burned two rolls of film in two weeks at this spot. The only unfortunate thing about this spot is the deer come through well after dark and in the early morning hours, long after or before shooting light.

He isn't camera shy. LOL I would also say he is 2.5 years old. Nice body on him. Looks like a start of a droptine after the G3 on the left anlter. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Tim

stingray,
good eyes,just like in the woods when you see a buck you dont notice anything else.It look like it had legs.
shredder220,
Iam betting he puts on a lot of inches for next season.

Almost looks like the tip of a shed sticking out of the snow?
rolleyes.gif

Top Bottom