Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW Iowa buck

biggest buck

I shot this guy October 16th, my second day in the stand. (The first day I shot me a doe within 50 minutes of daylight).
It was kind of warm that afternoon so I walked in in my boots, my shorts and a T-shirt and carried all of my gear and hunting clothing inside my Scentlok bag. Once I got to the top of the steep hill, and sweating, I sprayed down with scent killer, dressed and was into the stand by 430 PM. I immediately had 2 yearling bucks directly under me within the first 10 minutes, which was a very good sign to have them up and moving that early. I went out that day hoping to see the big one we've called Crooked Brow since 2010. Right at 555 PM I see this guy casually walking like he didn't have a care in the world. He went directly to a scrape I made 3 years ago that they still use to this day obviously. He stopped broadside at 23 yards , put his head down and sniffed the scrape, a very fatal mistake. I let the arrow fly and struck him in the spine. (Yes it was a tad high) He dropped in his tracks! I stuck another one in him real quick to end his pain.
The Bowtech Insanity and Rage broadheads did their jobs!
A total of 2.5 hours in the stands, 2 dead deer! Not a bad start even if he isn't Crooked Brow!
So now I guess I'll be spending more time fishing and killing does since I'm on vacation until November 23rd.
Going over to Nebraska tomorrow to fish for some Northern Pike!!

picture.php

picture.php

Congrats. Can't have a vacation go any better. Unless the fish are biting. Nice buck.

When a guy that likes to hunt and tags out early it can be bitter sweet. Congrats on the buck!

Thanks everyone. It is bittersweet but now I get to do other things I wouldn't normally do, like fishing in the fall. Didn't catch too many fish today but I did manage to catch me a Northern Pike finally. It has been over 20 years since I caught one. Spent all day on the lake and only caught this guy.

PS Matt Brown, we are hiring actually!!

picture.php

Top Bottom