Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

SW iowa guys on here??????

I am not big in to politics but I thought this was interesting

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — A southwest Iowa lawmaker has stopped participating in the legislative session, saying he's too busy working on his farm.

Sen. Hubert Houser hasn't cast a vote on the Senate floor since March 4.

Houser, a Republican who has served 22 years in the House and Senate, says he asked GOP leaders for a light load this session, which will be his last. They obliged, and Houser says he now doesn't have much to do at the Legislature, other than vote on bills making it to the Senate floor.

Because Democrats are in the majority, Houser said his vote makes little difference.

Houser says he's busy on his farm, where his family is building new livestock facilities.

Houser says he's "more than ready to move on."

Politics

I'm not sure I blame him, if D is in charge they won't listen to anyone and he has no impact. Same thing is happening in MN, you might as well put out a cardboard cutout of yourself.

I'm not sure I blame him, if D is in charge they won't listen to anyone and he has no impact. Same thing is happening in MN, you might as well put out a cardboard cutout of yourself.

A typical Republican response. We can't save you people from yourselves!

Wow. That sure escalated in a hurry.

Is this guy still being paid? He kind of exemplifies what's wrong with most people who don't vote - "I'm just one vote, so I don't really count". Kind of tragic that all votes are on party lines anyways.

Glad he's not in my district.

God Damn Liberal Democrats! They are like herpes the gift that keeps on giving when will it end.

D

How is it possible that SW Iowa has a democratic majority?

In MN we have millions of liberals in Minneapolis and St. Paul and quite a few in Duluth. So they dominate the rest of the state which is conservative.

Is Des Moines in that district?

No, Des Moines is not in his district. DM, Iowa City and the other cities are the reason for the Dem majority in the statehouse.
A pretty punk move for a formerly respected public official. I'm from that area originally and I know a lot of his family. Good, hard working people, but this is bunk. Until we refuse to vote for anyone who doesn't support term limits, this crap is going to happen at all levels of government. Being a representative/senator was never meant to be a career. Look at some of the corpses who are currently in DC. I'm sorry, but some of those clowns can't die soon enough. It's the only way they'll ever get off the giant gravy train they've created for themselves.
This isn't an R vs. D issue.

Top Bottom