Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sweet success!

avidhunter

Blake and I spotted and stalked this tom at 1:30 Friday afternoon. Glassed him from a pickup ¼ mile from the road, strutting and carousing along with another tom out in the open at the bottom of a heavily wooded hill, following 3 hens. We were able to get ahead of them quickly enough, while staying hidden behind a copse of evergreens. Shot him at a healthy 27 yds, with my Mossberg 350, using 3 1/2 Magnum Hevi-Shot #5 loads and a full turkey choke. Longest shot I have ever had to take on a bird - they were heading back into the bush, but he went down like a ton of bricks none the less.
waytogo.gif

20+lb
1 1/4 spurs
10-1/2" beard

The family will eat for another night
grin.gif

752Spr06.JPG

It’s strange how things work out sometimes. It was a great hunt, and I truly enjoyed hunting with you as always. Congrats Josh!
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Had one at 60 yards this morning ... should have tried that
grin.gif
! Congrats on your bird!
-Longspurs-

[/ QUOTE ]
Congrats on a great bird
if you have a choke tube in and shooting 3 1/2s 60 yrds should be no problem. Shot 1 of mine this year at 52 yrds with a choke and 3" #5s. Didnt take another step. Choke tubes really make the difference if you ask me.

Top Bottom