Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sweetest woman in the world

S

stingray

You guys would not believe what has happened to us this week. We finally got the word that the taxidermy was done on our November bow kill. Wed. night the 26th we picked it up. The way we had remembered the deer would be facing was opposite the direction it turned out. Paid for it anyway(what can you do?, it's already put together) ,brought it home, tried it on the wall it was gonna hang on, just didn't look good at all. Went to bed, then to work on Thursday, when I got home it was all fixed! My wife Carol had taken the day off, spent the whole day rearranging her walls of our dining room to make it work. She hung it all by herself on a wall that we never considered as a possibility, and did a great job. She turned a "no way to fix this problem" into a "that looks great, darling". It's gonna be a very striking addition to our home and I owe it all to her. stingray

Sounds like you've got it all. The dining room!! My wife has started to refer to the family room as the man cave. That is the designated dead animal room. No where else.... It's great to hear a man praise his wife.

Stingray, I got my wife to agree on my new mount going in the dining room also. But I only have a 6 month lease and then it gets moved into my "hunting room". My wife is real good about me displaying my "trophies" but she likes to keep them segragated to one room that has the door shut most of the time.

Stingray's wife speaking. It does look great in the dining room, but ...... I get to dress it up for the holidays. Really, when you get a deer like this it's an honor to show it to people, and besides the only other deer he can ever have mounted and put in the house will have to be bigger than this one, and that ain't gonna happen. He has two more magazine interviews in the Quad cities on Saturday a.m.and we weren't sure how we were going to manage getting the deer down there because it wouldn't fit in our vehicles. (We are staying overnight and Virgil wanted to bring it in the hotel with us.) Anyway, he deserves all the credit he can get. carol

Wow! Stingray, An understanding wife, a great deer, and a vintage vette. No wonder you have such a big grin!
grin.gif

The most amusing thing is she says: "and besides the only other deer he can ever have mounted and put in the house will have to be bigger than this one, and that ain't gonna happen"

How many of you guys have heard a wife say this only to have her husband shoot a bigger one the next year?
smile.gif
I've seen it happen 3 times and the one guy it happened to twice! Granted Stingray's buck is about 20 inches bigger than the guys I'm talking about! Either way it's cool!
smile.gif

A guy ought to give up hunting all together for a woman like that. She definately deserves all kinds of nice jewelry, flowers and vacation cruises etc....
grin.gif

Give up hunting, whew!!!!!!! Let's not get crazy here. Flowers, Jewelry, etc but give up hunting.......... I love my woman but there's a good chance that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Top Bottom