Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Swhacker broadheads

Youngbuck1030

Bowhunter
I was wondering if anyone has tried the swhacker broadheads. I currently shoot grim reapers but have trouble keeping them together. Let me know how the swhackers work for you. Thanks

IMHO
swhacker is one of the worst mechanical designs on the market. If you really look at how the broadhead opens, there is potential for only a pencil size entrance wound..... and if you dont get a pass through, blood trails will vanish in just few yards.

How are you having troubles keeping the reapers together?
The spring takes a fair amount of force to make them open by them self.
Is the spring still in tact? Are all of the parts alligned correctly?

The grim reapers just fall off of the ring that holds them together and the blades fall out. I shot a small buck last year with one and after I recovered the deer and arrow, I was off the arrow and one of the blades fell off just by the pressure of the water out of the sink. If you know how to keep it together better, let me know.

The grim reapers just fall off of the ring that holds them together and the blades fall out. I shot a small buck last year with one and after I recovered the deer and arrow, I was off the arrow and one of the blades fell off just by the pressure of the water out of the sink. If you know how to keep it together better, let me know.

Ya, you keep it together by having it on the arrow........
So you don't like that it came apart........when you took it apart?
When the BH is on the arrow, the pressure of the spring/slits in the collar/rings/threads hold everything in place. There is also a notch where the space on the ring that holds the blades is supposed to go, so the blades dont slide off the ring.
When you take the BH off the arrow, all of the pressure is released so you can take it apart if need be......it's designed to do that.

LMK if I'm misunderstanding your statement.

Last edited:
Easy fix, shoot RAGE.

Personal opinion though. I believe (again personal opinion) Rage has the best products on the market today. I or anyone I know that shoots them have never had any kind of issue with them. Other than gaping wounds!

I personally shoot the Rage Xtreme.
Its a 100 grain two blade with a 2.3" cutting diameter.

I am sure you will find someone that has a different opinion though.

Revup I had it on an arrow when it fell apart. I'm going to let it redeem itself this year but if it breaks again I might have to change.

Ya, you keep it together by having it on the arrow........
So you don't like that it came apart........when you took it apart?
When the BH is on the arrow, the pressure of the spring/slits in the collar/rings/threads hold everything in place. There is also a notch where the space on the ring that holds the blades is supposed to go, so the blades dont slide off the ring.
When you take the BH off the arrow, all of the pressure is released so you can take it apart if need be......it's designed to do that.

LMK if I'm misunderstanding your statement.

Yea if the ring isnt set right the blades will fall off. I never had any issues with reapers.

Rage hypodermic. Nuff said!!

Ino they r expensive and if shoot a deer gonna need to replace blades but by far best broadhead I have used. Accurate sharp and very lethal.

Look up article in bowhunter magazine about broad heads. Rage tested top 4 in most to all the categories they tested.

And to all the rage haters out there I have never once had one fail. Shot spine and shoulder blade and blades were still fully deployed. And blood trails MASSIVE. I'll take buying broad heads every year in exchange for how amazing these broad heads are. I've shot nap killzone and blood runner. And muzzy mx3. I switched to rage and never gonna change

I also use schwacker broad heads work great I double lunged a buck and arrow came trough the other solider blade pass trough 3 in hole

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom