Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switchback vs. Switchback XT??

LoessHillsArcher

PMA Member
I am looking at getting a new Mathews bow but can't find much difference between the Switchback and the XT? I know the Switchback weighs like .3 lbs more, is about 3 fps faster IBO standards, and is 2" longer axle to axle but does anyone know of any reasons to go with the XT over the Switchback? The Switchback is just that much cheeper I thought I might want to go with it and put some better accesories on it rather than put all my money into the XT. I'll probably have to shoot them both to see how they really are.

Thanks, Jordan

Personally I think the regular switchback is the best bow they have made for hunting. I like the xt but since it is shorter and lighter I really didn't think i would be as consistent as the regular one. I personally think the xt was a step down.
I have shot both and like the regular one better. But lets not kid ourselves both are going to kill deer no matter what. It just comes down to what you prefer.

You can't go wrong with either bow. I picked up the original Switchback last year and absolutely love it. I haven't shot the XT. Check around some pro shops for used Switchbacks. My buddy picked up one this year for a really great price and it even had a Winner's Choice string.

The best advice is to shoot several and then go with the one that feels the best. That's how I ended up with the Switchback and a Martin Phantom in 1999.

Phantom

Slow vs. slower.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Hey, Skully... Ya ever hear the sound of fresh fiberglass crack?

TeeRoy may be able to help ya out with that one...
evil.gif

Ohhhhhhh, was there a mishap with the new "Blow Tech"? Mathews gives free hats with their bows, I hear Bowtech gives arm guards and safety glasses!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
CRAAAACK!
grin.gif

sounds like you boys are buying into one of those "internet rumors". you know, like if you send out that applebees add to all of your friends, you will get a coupon for a free meal. or bill gates has an email tracker, and if you send everyone in your inbox some lame-ass forward, you will recieve a check for $34,562. or that bowtech limbs blow up. or that there is a switchback on this earth, that can hit its stated IBO speed.

educate yourselves, fellers
grin.gif

Wait just a damn minute... the check I got was only for $33,000... I also only got buy one get one free... What the...

I've only found one guy shooting a Switchback that can match my Q2 for speed. I don't know if it's a fluke or what, but he's not shooting that light of an arrow and he's still consistently hitting 295 fps @ 69 lbs. I don't think a XT can match that, I'd go with the regular Switchback if I were you.

Shoot all of them with an open mind and buy whichever one shoots the sweetest for you... speed is nice but it is FAR from the royal flush in hunting bow requirements .....

I bought my first compound bow in 20 years this spring. I was convinced that I would buy a Trykon before I ever shot any of the bows.... I repeatedly test drove the Bowtech Tribute, Hoyt Trykon, and both models of the Matthews Switchback..... I ended up buying the Switchback XT.... and I love it. I don't know how fast it shoots but what I do know is that it draws SMOOTH, shoots SWEET, and feels great after the release.... that is all I need in a hunting bow
grin.gif

Cornfed is right on the money.Buy the one that feel's the best to you.Shoot them all that's the only way you will know for sure.

It's like Ford vs Chevy, test drive a few and see wich one suits you best, don't buy one or the other just because the neighbor has one. Just a side note though, if you buy anything but a Mathews you will have to "F"ix "O"r "R"epair "D"aily! Ha,ha.
grin.gif

Top Bottom