Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Switchgrass

CIR is excellent deer/upland bird <u>winter</u> habitat IMO. Not good for nesting habitat but if you can't carry any birds into the spring what good is having just a WS mixture. I would hate to guess how many pheasants/quail I would have lost to the ice storms this winter if I hadn't had my CIR. The deer really love CIR. They feel safe bedding and moving around in it. The turkey really like it as well. What do you think would be the benefits to straight Blackwell or possibly mixing with CIR. Do you think it would be better than straight CIR? Isn't Blackwell usually 1-2 foot shorter than CIR? There are only two downsides of having CIR switchgrass that I have found. The first is it attracts coyotes from miles around! I guess when you concentrate all the prey in one area it is only natural that the predators will come as well. The second is it makes finding sheds difficult. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Top Bottom