Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Take a kid hunting, (so I did.....)

stuffy

This spring I decided to cocentrate on them dang birds with a bow. I built a nice permanent blind, bought a couple more decoys, etc. Well, by the time the third season had ended, I had a few birds work, but nothing close enough. My neighbor boy, whom is also a distant relative, (small Iowa town
grin.gif
) had expressed interest in turkey hunting,so I told him to buy a fourth season gun tag and we would go out. That first Saturday,of fourth season, we headed out.I left my bow in the car, in exchange for the camcorder. First we listened for gobbling, which that morning there hardly wasnt any,very close.
So we just set up in the blind with one hen decoy out. Shortly, two hens flew in by the decoy. About five minutes later out walked a tom about 100 yards away.
It seemed like forever,to the young hunter, but he finally walked closer, and closer. My young hunter was getting nervous and his breathing was very fast. This ol tom could have given us a show for quite some time, but being his first bird, I told him to "take him" when it was about 15 yards out. Another turkey hunter is born !! All on tape !! Even though I left my bow in the car, and this bird came in perfect, I wouldnt change it for the world. Watching this young man take his first bird. It was great to be a part of, and now many more turkey hunts to come.
smile.gif
smile.gif

(Limb is posting the picture for me) The smile tells it all.

26turkey.jpg

For me it is what this hunting thing is all about. Getting the youngsters involved. Great job, a tape you and the young man can show over and over.
cool.gif

excellent story and excellent bird stuffy! thanx for taking a kid hunting! let's keep up the good work boys!
laugh.gif
waytogo.gif

Top Bottom