Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

take him or not

D

daweyers

i have this 8 ptr that i have seen run off as big as 160" 12 pts he is huge body but only 110" rack and its gnarly not good tine lenth but i think he is old so he might of been good back in the day.....let him spread his genetics or get em outa there

confused.gif

but then again we all want those 10 and 12 point genetis on our farms where as i dont think he ever was anything but a main frame 8

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think he ever was anything but a main frame 8

[/ QUOTE ]

Although different things determine the pecking order in a whitetails world one is age. If that buck was never anything more than an 8point but now he is 2 years older than the rest he is going to be near the top of the pecking order.
If your thinking that buck was only an 8point and only will be an 8 point you should take him.
Dean

Take him! If he is running off far better bucks than by all means take him. I bet you would be surprised what starts showing up when he is gone. Genetics aside concerning what his DNA holds when you when get a "bully" deer he will keep other great bucks supressed. I have one I have named Bully this week. I have great bucks showing up all busted up and no real big studs coming through. I think in this case he is a very agressive thick antlered 4 year old.

Top Bottom