Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taking dad to Illinois!

hoosierhunter

I broke out of the pocket book and bought both of the donated hunts for dbltree. I'll be taking my father with me next year. I know he will be so excited about this Christmas present! Now I need some help if you would for ideas on how to tell him. I've thought about printing an Ill deer application and giving that to him. Does anyone have some ideas that would be good?

Buy him a new bow and then tell him where he gets to use it? :D. Haha, that would REALLY be breaking out the pocket book!

Maybe along with the application give him a brochure for Lucky outfitters as well.

There's really only one way to do this...tie him up, blindfold him and throw him in the back of the truck! :D You may want to check the federal regs on kidnapping first before actually doing this though. :D

Does the outfitter have a website? If so, do a print screen of their site, ideally with a nice buck featured :D, and print that, laminate it and give that to him. Good luck and thank you for supporting the auction so strongly too!

I would maybe have the outfitter call him and confirm booking for 2 hunters next fall. Then just act like you dont know what he is talking about.Thats one of many ways.

I would maybe have the outfitter call him and confirm booking for 2 hunters next fall. Then just act like you dont know what he is talking about.Thats one of many ways.
I like that idea. Tell the outfitter that it is a surprise present for him and that he has no clue.

I like that idea. Tell the outfitter that it is a surprise present for him and that he has no clue.

X2..

To add onto the bow idea.. You could buy him the bow and leave a note on the bow that says something Like "Dad, I hope you take this one to the range real soon because we are heading Illinois to hunt some corn fed bruisers at __________ (The Outfitter)! Love, your son..

Last edited:
Make a Xmas card from the outfitter just saying merry Xmas and sneak it in his mailbox tmrw. He will wonder why they would be sending him a card for two days until you give him the present then it will all come together.

I'm not a regular contributor to this forum but I found Paul on the Outreach Outdoors forum. He's always been great and fairly prompt, with responding to questions I had (which were numerous). From the OO forum I found QDMA and have been implementing their principles as well as a few of Paul's concepts. When I was telling seasoned hunters about some of his concepts, (before they started printing them in numerous magazine articles) people looked at me like I was crazy!! Needless to say, Paul is one of a king. The very few people not looking for any type of recognition, or compensation, that spent countless hours with contributions to the forum, and personal correspondence with myself and others. Aside from his consultation business of course, but to put a finite number on the number of properties and acres that people implemented some of his original ideas, spin offs of other habitat projects, joint concepts, etc.

It's my pleasure and we will be looking forward to having Patrick and his father out to Illinois next season.

Happy Holidays from Lucky Outfitters,

Matt Farrell

Top Bottom