Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taking inventory

SaskGuy

Been trying to cover one food source with 3 cams on field edge scrapes to see what's using it. They seem to be avoiding the 2 moultrie cams like the plague. I'm thinking it's b/c of their big black appearance, any tips for that? Some of these are repeats from before, just though it'd be cool to document some of the many bucks using this alfalfa field, I know this isn't all of them.
mon_006.jpg

mon_004.jpg

I'm thinking this hurt.
mon_001.jpg

Rainy evening photo of old short g2's.
mnb_118.jpg

Only photo so far of the old herd bull, you can't tell but he's real good, main frame 8 with a big abnormal on the right side and long brows.
mnb_102.jpg

Young buck, split g2 on left.
kkkkk_010.jpg

Up and coming 6x5
kk_068.jpg

Big old 10
kk_066.jpg

Up and comer 10.
mnb_104.jpg

Another nice young 10
bbb_293.jpg

Decent young 9
bbb_253.jpg

Young main frame 8..split g3
dd_005.jpg

Double D.....hasn't been photogenic since I tagged out.
dd_087.jpg

As much fun as I'm having on this food source, I need to start expanding my cam search to a different proprty or two. I know the field edge scrapes are appearing everywhere, time to see what bucks are making them. If affordable, i'd have a dozen cams.

Thats a great group of bucks! I use moultries and i got some of that camo ducktape and an exacto knife and went to work. Third season and the tape is still in good shape.

Kaare-
You could hang them higher pointed down. Don't ask me though......I have about 3600 pictures of grass this year /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif.

Dor is right, old 10 looks like a pot-bellied pig.

And that 6x5 alls I got to say is: YA Baby.... He is going to be a stud.

Dean

Wow... that big old 10 is a brute.... that really got my blood pumping to get in the stand this week..... Thanks for sharing.

Nice stuff there Kaare! I want to see you at least holding Double D's sheds this spring! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif Oh, and Big old ten would be in real trouble if he was in my neck of the woods! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif It has to feel good to see so many good up-and-comers in the area to! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Let's add blade to the list.
robby_061.jpg

And why not have a better look at the young main frame 6x5...if he lives he'll be a PIG!
robby_018.jpg

robby_017.jpg

Man Kaare, you are just covered up in big deer, both body and rack size. You sure know how to make guys on here drool!

I'll add junky.
hgfds_106.jpg

Youcan see some of his junk in this pic, most is off the brows.
0043.jpg

Another look at short g2's......he's no monster, but I kind of have a love affair with him, I had 3 close calls over 2 years, he is still alive.
hgfds_108.jpg

Nice 10
hgfds_004.jpg

Decent young 9pt, likely 3 1/2.
0202.jpg

Another decent 3 1/2, looks kind of massy, like the abnormal off the right g3.
0132.jpg

Lots of new young bucks showing up..losing track of others,it's that time of year. Only had a couple new days of scrape pics when I sawpped them out today, high winds on Sunday made for a card full of waving limbs.

Top Bottom