Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

taking your child hunting

10hunter

PMA Member
Is it legal to sit with your child (not carrying a gun) who has a license for a shotgun season if you are licensed for the other season? I believe you can with a youth tag from my understanding as long as you have your hunting license but what about shotgun???

You can do it, just make sure you wear the required amount of blaze orange and do not "assist" the hunter in any way (don't drive deer). Also, make sure you do not carry any shells or guns on your person.

I contacted a CO when I wanted to take a co-worker hunting in a similar situation to what you suggest.

For deer ok like Randy said but for Turkey no except for youth season.

(See correction below)

Last edited:
For deer ok like Randy said but for Turkey no except for youth season.

Yep...gotta have a hunting license, and you're good to go. Good luck to your son :way:

And as for the turkey seasons, I thought they changed that a few years back to where if you have a legal tag for one turkey season you can assist (call, etc) for a buddy in another season. Maybe it was just wishful thinking????

NWBuck

Yep...gotta have a hunting license, and you're good to go. Good luck to your son :way:

And as for the turkey seasons, I thought they changed that a few years back to where if you have a legal tag for one turkey season you can assist (call, etc) for a buddy in another season. Maybe it was just wishful thinking????

NWBuck
'

that is correct on the turkey season thing.

thanks for the help ... my little girl is wanting to go and I got her sisters youth tags but didn t think she was interested but I was wrong. So we are off to the blind to make some memories. So turkey season is ok too to call and sit together?

You guys are on it I did mix it up thanks for catching that. I just reread the regs. Page 37 of this years book for the spring turkey regs.

image-2698134998.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom