Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tama County

blake

Life Member
I just moved to the Tama County area, would be interested in visiting with fellow iowawhitetail members in the area.

Ron Wyllie
Toledo, Iowa
(H) 641-481-7155
© 641-481-3613
rwyllie1950 @gmail.com

Give me a call.

Heck of a move for you.

What brought you to that part of the world?

My wife grew up in Toledo, her mother is frail, and she has a son who is mentally ill and lives in a residential care facility. We need to spend time with her family.

I was born and raised in Tama County, but haven't lived there since 1983. Doubt I could be of much help.

Ron- went from premium deer country to..... ????? What's the consensus on TAma and potential and how would it compare to say SC Iowa? PRESSURE?, mammoth bucks?, tremendous ground, genetics, etc? Congrats on the move Ron- best wishes to u and fam.

That is quite the move for you Ron. Hope the move went well (just did that myself, what a chore!) and hope you enjoy your new place!

Ron- went from premium deer country to..... ?????

I still have a friend that owns 80 acres in Page County. He only lets me bow hunt it.

I own 80 acres of prime hunting habitat in SW Adair County. May have to go down to SW Iowa during peak rut for a week or two if this public hunting in Tama County doesn't pan out in late October?

Tama county coyotes beware! :way:

I am really hoping to get some local landowner permission to call coyotes in the Tama County area. I hear them every evening north of my house in a cow pasture, within a quarter mile of the city limits. The pasture fence line is 50 yards north of my house.

The landowners cows where in my yard this morning. I reported the cows being out to the sheriffs department. When landowner comes to fix the fence, I may approach him on the subject of calling his coyotes? At the very least I will have made a landowner contact and perhaps at a later date ask about hunting.

If you want to score points with the land owner, next time his cows are out in your yard, just run them back in and patch the fence. Then call the land owner and not the sheriff. Trust me he will appreciate it very much.

I live in Clutier, which is 7-8 miles from Toledo, hit me up, not too many guys call around here, we usually use trucks and spot/stalk.

I live in Clutier, which is 7-8 miles from Toledo, hit me up, not too many guys call around here, we usually use trucks and spot/stalk.

Thanks for the offer, I also a big fan of spot and stalking coyotes. PM me your name and phone, I am always up for a coyote hunt.

If you want to score points with the land owner, next time his cows are out in your yard, just run them back in and patch the fence. Then call the land owner and not the sheriff. Trust me he will appreciate it very much.

There is over 100 yards of very poor fence. Farmer states he plans to get a new fence put up ASAP. He shook my hand and thanked me for getting in touch with the authorities.

I told him I had been hearing a pack of coyotes in his pasture in the evening. He said he has way too many coyotes around. I asked if I could call them, he said have at it. He also gave me two names of others farmers near by who are seeing too many coyotes on their properties. He said he would call them for me.

Two hours later he called me back and said the two other farmers are ok with me calling on their properties I have names and phone numbers of the farmers and will stop by and visit with them so they can meet me and see my truck so they can recognize it when I am out hunting.

Good Day in all I would say!

Top Bottom