Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tarheels busted for poaching....

G

It appears that some more illegal activity has been going on in Southeastern Iowa. Seems that two fellows from North Carolina were caught for poaching this week, with the same officers as before catching them. Apparently, the best way to find poachers in Southern Iowa is to look for out of state plates.....
grin.gif

[This message has been edited by swanny (edited 11-25-2001).]

[This message has been edited by swanny (edited 11-25-2001).]

I have been hearing (RUMORS) that to meet obligations some unethical outfitters would consider providing resident tags and vehicles or licence plates for the home state to reduce suspicion.

Anyone else heard anything like this?

Any word on where these worthless criminals were caught? Or is this all just rumors still? Again I say, if someone helps poachers poach they should get the same punishment as the people that actually do the shooting... if we can call them people.

I guess this means that we all should keep our eyes open a little more. I don't remember having all of these problems in the past.

I have not heard of any new news about the DNR catching any more poachers down here in the south east part of the state.

It was posted on iowaoutdoors.com in the hunting section. It is a press release from the IDNR.

Once again I must beg to differ that the majority of the poaching in Iowa is being done by non-residents. I know it's a problem but there are far more local yocal's doing it. And it seems every small town has a few and the word is out on them. However for some reason these locals never get pursued. WHY?

MN Slick, I'm sure what you are saying would be true for every state. Including yours! They publish the poaching of residents also. I remember a few years back in the same southern area a few resident idiots getting caught with some huge deer, 240 class non typical. Its not that the DNR in southern Iowa are sharper than elsewhere. I don't know if the problem is alittle more common down there or aleast better publicized. I know they catch a bunch and for that we all should be thankful. The poachers are stealing from all of us.

MN Slick....of course most of the poaching is done by locals. And no, they just don't get caught...and it is not for a lack of trying by our DNR. The post was just to show that more poachers got caught.

I think alot of locals take care of their freinds/neighbors and don't turn them in because they have to live around them. The mentality and acceptance of poaching down here is different....and it is impossible to stop. When the DNR officers ask locals to help, they rarely do. And lets face it....a large percentage of hunters down here do not like NRs.

Top Bottom