Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermist work thread

ReinertsonTaxidermy

Lots of talk in the other thread about many taxidermists and their work. Lets use this one to post pictures of your mount that a specific taxidermist did. That way people who are deciding where to go can see multiple pieces and decide if the Hoch, Whitaker, Meder, Coulson, etc. is the look they are going for.

Prices change, but adding price, location, and turnaround time also may help people leaning one way or another.

Great thread....I will post some pictures tonight.....if anyone has any work done by Dan adamson I would like to see that

Neat idea. These were done by a local guy, but the deer in the left and right corners are my favorite forms of all I've had done. They are the Meder full sneak form with left and right turns. Perfect if the mount will be going in a corner.

P1030943.jpg

The most recent one I had done (last year) I decided to try something different. My local guy showed me a new form he liked the looks of, a semi upright...this one with a left turn. I still like the full sneak position better, but this is nice too.

P1050429.jpg

NWBuck

All of these are Meder mounts.

08IA08-16-51.jpg

DSC02445.jpg

2600Frnt-1.jpg

2604Frnt.jpg

2605bow2.jpg

2698Front.jpg

2606Archery3.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

I have a couple more but can't find images right now. He has done all of mine and they all look like they did when they came out of his shop.

Here is my uncle's deer on a Meder semi upright. I'm capping my work at 15 heads this year and already at 13. Just saving room for Fred's 200":D They are all done by turkey season. I charge $450.

65274346.jpg

on the right was by Witacker and low left was Derreck Hoak from Milo
IMAG0436.jpg

more Dereck Hoaks
Picture013-1.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture007.jpg

A Marlin Hoak
Picture014-1.jpg

another Witacker

IMAG0138.jpg

Last edited:
Antlerfreak, your shot some giants....who did you bobwhite mount. That looks awesome, I've never seen anything like that. Limb, your mounts look great as well.....now I can't wait to get my meder mount back! Breiner, how long have you been doing taxidermy? Great work?

Love all these! I'm trying Lost Trail Taxidermy this year in Guthrie Center. I brought my buck in to him on November 5th and he said would probably have it done at the end of December. Great turn around.

Last edited:
Antlerfreak, your shot some giants....who did you bobwhite mount. That looks awesome, I've never seen anything like that. QUOTE]

Im not sure if bobwhites are the same thing as quail or not, but I call them quail. Dereck Hoak from milo also did that for me. I had the head laying around and figured they would look cool on it instead of just a piece of drift wood.

I should also mention the big typical 14 in the first picture has about 60" rebuilt on his rack;) looks pretty good huh. Randle Messer (sp?) from Norwalk rebuilt it for me. he is very reasonable.

The infamous red wall :). They look awesome!

HEYING TAXIDERMY IN NEW HAMPTON! CHEAP AND FAST!

Tell him Nick sent you and he will charge you double, and give put you to the end of the line. But he'll get a laugh out of it. Awesome guy!!!!!

He has done, birds a coyote and a few other deer for me and my family. CALL HIM

http://heyingtaxidermy.com/

254327_2113921125824_1179540027_32673080_736606_n.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a Joe Meder mount I had him do for me in 2007. Just like Limb said, it looks just as good today as the day I picked it up. Longevity is another huge consideration when picking a taxidermist. Cheap paint and shotty finish work will chip and crack within a couple years.

medermount.jpg

Here is a Joe Meder mount I had him do for me in 2007. Just like Limb said, it looks just as good today as the day I picked it up. Longevity is another huge consideration when picking a taxidermist. Cheap paint and shotty finish work will chip and crack within a couple years.

I've seen whitetail work from guys that have been doing it for 20 years that haven't touched your level of work yet. Hard to tell without looking closely at the eyes, nose, septum and feeling the stitching but everything looks great in the image. You have a gift, stick with it. I also think you're smart for sticking with the amount of work you can do at that level. :way: I think a lot of guys see dollar signs and sacrifice the quality of their work for volume.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
These are all Durk Sterners out of Lone Tree. $435 and turn around is around 9-10 months I believe, he will correct me if I'm wrong as he's "stuffy" here on the site. The two with scruffy capes weren't by his hand, they were all beat up like that when I shot them. Personally I think it gives them some character.

IMG_3090.jpg

Some closer shots, I think they got a little out of order.

IMG_3080.jpg

mount2.jpg

IMG_3098.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4456.jpg

Last edited:
Kickers N Stickers Taxidermy - Des Moines, IA - 515-975-4892 - He is an artist at heart and loves to pay attention to detail. Trained by Joe Meder, just as good of a mount but for less money.

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0120.jpg

Top Bottom