Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermist work thread

JOE MEDER........PEDESTAL MOUNT.
picture.php

This thread isn't just for whitetails is it? :D My friend Jay Wickerham back in Michigan does all of my mounts for me. His Turkeys are amazing, but I learned tonight, it is hard to take good pics of Turkey mounts :grin:

picture.php

RIO

picture.php

Merriam

picture.php

Antelope

picture.php

Fox

picture.php

One of many Whitetails

picture.php

To many more to post, but I can't wait to have a man cave someday to fill with mounts. :way:

Here is my uncle's deer on a Meder semi upright. I'm capping my work at 15 heads this year and already at 13. Just saving room for Fred's 200":D They are all done by turkey season. I charge $450.

65274346.jpg

Looks great! Where are you located again?

Looks great! Where are you located again?

I'm in Coralville. Thanks for the compliments. Limb, you are exactly right, if I were to do more mounts my quality would have to go down for sure. I have 15-20hrs in each piece and I don't even do the hide prep or tanning. Good thing I don't have to do it for a living, stop by anytime if you are in the neighborhood and check out my shop. Lots of big antlers to drool over.

I'm in Coralville. Thanks for the compliments. Limb, you are exactly right, if I were to do more mounts my quality would have to go down for sure. I have 15-20hrs in each piece and I don't even do the hide prep or tanning. Good thing I don't have to do it for a living, stop by anytime if you are in the neighborhood and check out my shop. Lots of big antlers to drool over.

I always thought you were in NE Iowa, where at in Coralville is your shop?

Coralville? Looks like I might be talking a trip :D If I'm welcome to come and see PM me if you can, my biological mother lives in Coralville.

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet. S and S in Boone did two for me and I love the work. You can see some of their stuff at www.sandstaxidermy.com

Turn around about a year and either $325 or $375 can't remember.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Top Bottom