Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermist

ecuwil

Can anyone recommend a good taxidermist in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa City area. Killed a big ten tonight, but for some reason the site is not letting me upload photos. If someone could help with that too I will upload photos with the story.

Thanks,

Wil

Durk Sterner out of Lone Tree is where I take my deer. He is "stuffy" here on the site and just recently completed Joe Meders taxi class a couple years ago. In my opinion you get fantastic quality for a much more reasonable price. I think he's getting $425 but am not sure. Durk is on vacation and will be around/available thru the 22nd of Nov most every day. His cell # is 319-330-1774. He has mounted 4 deer for me and I have a 5th down there right now. I will post some pics after my doe hunt this morning.

All Seasons Taxidermy in Marion does a great job! Stop in his shop and check out his displays and you will see the quality of his work.

Joe Meder in Solon is the best there is.

Agreed :way: Thats why all these other guys take his classes! Usually you get what you pay for. The guys that are charging 500 plus are doing so because they are good and demand is high. You will have it the rest of your life so take your time and find someone who strives for realism, regardless of price. Congrats on your deer, hope to see pics.

Last edited:
Wildlife Impressions in North Liberty has done a great job for us. If you need contact information just let me know.

All Seasons Taxidermy in Marion does a great job! Stop in his shop and check out his displays and you will see the quality of his work.

X2 ! Jim is awesome!! Turkey, deer! Whatever! He is just a very nice guy! He has done 2 deer, a redo of my fiirst deer, and a turkey for me!! He also does deer for HS guys! Stop in ! He will show you the backroom!! Awesome stuff each year!! He will get my business as long as he is in it!!!:way::way:

Joe Meder in Solon is the best there is.

I have a buck that was mounted by Joe. I am very picky about my taxidermy work and I am always amazed at how many people get less because they wanted to pay less. I would rather spend some extra money to get something that I can be proud to display. I cannot comment on the work of the others brought up in this post but if I was in that area, I would definately go with Meder.:way:

I have a buck that was mounted by Joe. I am very picky about my taxidermy work and I am always amazed at how many people get less because they wanted to pay less. I would rather spend some extra money to get something that I can be proud to display. I cannot comment on the work of the others brought up in this post but if I was in that area, I would definately go with Meder.:way:

x4 ...... excellent taxidermist!.... you will not have to wait a year or more either.... generally around 6 months :way:

Top Bottom