Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermy work in nw iowa

buckfever57

bowhunt or die
I was wondering if any of you guys knew anybody that does good work for reasonably cheap. I found a pair of match set sheds that scored 202 and wanted to get a shoulder mount done. I will need a cape to do the shed also. Was wondering what the prices on something like that would be. Thanks for the help

Glenn Bosse in Elk Point SD is who I have do my taxidermy work and always has spare capes on hand.
605-356-3322

Mark Baker in Lawton, IA does really nice work! Great guy. Lawton is just east of Sioux City about 10 miles or so.

Thanks for the ideas. I will look them all up and compair prices. I went to bakker taxidermy in Doon iowa for the deer i have in my profile pic, he did awesome work with quick turnaround and wasnt that hard on the wallet. but was just looking for some other options. If you want to see pics of the sheds i just started a new thread be sure to check them out

KPM said:
Glenn Bosse in Elk Point SD is who I have do my taxidermy work and always has spare capes on hand.
605-356-3322

Took my last deer to Glenn. I was very happy with the work.

Whomever you take it to, take a good look at all of their recent work. Not just their showroom, or their award winning heads. To me, I don't mind paying a little extra to make sure I don't end up with a donkey with antlers staring at me from my living room wall.

bakker taxidermy is in my neck of the woods. he does a very nice job and is super fast. but for the best in this area, imho, is wielinga out of sioux center. the only kicker is the long turnaround.

Jim Slocum does nice work as well. He seems to make the deer look pretty IMO. Some Taxidermist's make deer look mean & tough which is also cool if that is the type of buck it is. He is from Reading, Minn. Trulife Taxidermy

Jim Slocum does nice work as well. He seems to make the deer look pretty IMO. Some Taxidermist's make deer look mean & tough which is also cool if that is the type of buck it is. He is from Reading, Minn. Trulife Taxidermy

I was just in Scheels the other day in Sioux Falls and I asked who was doing all of Scheels mounts and Jim Slocum was who he said.

Ive looked at joe meders work and he does awesome job and looks very realistic. I was wondering what his prices are for a semi sneak offset would cost. I would also need a cape to go with it.

Jim Slocum did my first mount a few years ago and most of my uncle's mounts. Brought him my buck from this year as well. He does phenomenal work and is a very pleasant guy to talk to. Highly recommend him. :way:

Top Bottom