Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Taxidermy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKellcat

Looking for a good taxidermy preferable in central IA. I have used Derek Hoch from Milo before and thought he did a great job, but have had others say to try Doug Thill in Pleasantville. Any experiences or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Might be a little far east for you, but I can personally vouch for the level of work from Steve Olson and The Rack Shack. He does the finest work I have ever seen, attention to detail is absolutely amazing
photo-16.jpg

080.jpg

124.jpg

Last edited:
I see flaws, He uses rope to show detail, I can clearly see rope marks.

Apparently we have an "expert" in the house lol. Those aren't rope marks at all but thanks for pointing out your professional opinion. I use 16 guage brads to hold the hide in place, the same method used by Joe Meder! Some clients ask for enhanced muscle detail and who am I to tell them no?

Would you like me to post other whitetail mounts to critique because I'd be happy to do the tyhambone? What are your credentials by the way?

Oh, thanks for the vote of confidence Tim, even with all my "flaws" lol

Might be a little far east for you, but I can personally vouch for the level of work from Steve Olson and The Rack Shack. He does the finest work I have ever seen, attention to detail is absolutely amazing
photo-16.jpg

080.jpg

124.jpg

Steve would be a great one to use, but if your looking in SW Iowa region, Dan Adamson in Creston does absolutely great work.

Hoch Taxidermy in the Melcher-Dallas area does all my taxidermy. He does one hell of a job, I know plenty of people that usually go to him but try someone different one time and are really upset with others work and go right back to Hoch's. He is a great guy and easy to work with and excellent work to boot. One of the best in the state, if not the best, if you ask me. His number is 641-947-6723 and his first name is Marlin.

Lots of good ones out there, but do not take someone's word for it. Go to a couple shops and ask to see their recent customer work. Then decide, good luck

Hoch Taxidermy in the Melcher-Dallas area does all my taxidermy. He does one hell of a job, I know plenty of people that usually go to him but try someone different one time and are really upset with others work and go right back to Hoch's. He is a great guy and easy to work with and excellent work to boot. One of the best in the state, if not the best, if you ask me. His number is 641-947-6723 and his first name is Marlin.

Marlin did my mount last season and he did a really nice job. Like was said before, he is a great guy too.....straight shooter.

Apparently we have an "expert" in the house lol. Those aren't rope marks at all but thanks for pointing out your professional opinion. I use 16 guage brads to hold the hide in place, the same method used by Joe Meder! Some clients ask for enhanced muscle detail and who am I to tell them no?

Would you like me to post other whitetail mounts to critique because I'd be happy to do the tyhambone? What are your credentials by the way?

Oh, thanks for the vote of confidence Tim, even with all my "flaws" lol
i think your work looks great!

Durk Sterner does all my taxidermy work and i think its phenominal! he's probably too far east for you though, in Lone Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom